What's new

Is Wal-Mart Scaling Back on DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Brian O

Second Unit
Havent been to Walmart in a while but my Costco DVDs are growing exponentially. They now have huge displays in one of the main aisles, too. Their video tape area is shrinking though.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I went to a wal-mart a few days ago and they had switched the DVD section with the VHS section. The VHS section took up an entire shelf "wall", while the DVD's only took up about half of a wall (with Espaniol tapes next to it) Now, the Espanonol tapes and VHS are on half a wall, and the DVD's are on their own wall.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Matthew H

Second Unit
I was just in Wal-Mart yesterday, and they've infact expanded their selection. There's only three shelves in a "section" dedicated to VHS tapes - and most are gone.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Wal*Mart SuperCenter, (#0330, Victoria, TX), has six or seven locked glass cases, (lined up on the wall in the Electronics Dept.), of DVDs plus two display racks of $9.44 titles near Electronics and at the front of the store near the cash registers. And, unlike other stores, they always have the widescreen editions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks