What's new

is this the best price i'm gonna find? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I was looking around in my price range at my local dealer here in Gainesville, Florida.

I listened to the Klipsch RF3's, Def Tech's, Paradigm monitors...but in the end i fell in love with the Studio 40's.

These are the Reference line, right?

They were in my price range, but still a little high. He wanted 900 for the pair w/o the stands. Is this the best deal im gonna find?

I will drive anywhere reasonable to get the best price. As long as gas doesnt exceed the price difference, of course.

Anyone know where i can get the best deal?

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Short of driving to Canada or purchasing an entire HT package to get a little bit more of a discount, $900 is pretty much as low as they go. My local dealer is asking $899 for Studo 20s (veneer) with free stands, so in my mind, $900 is pretty good for 40s.

Chriss M

Second Unit
were you looking at the veneer or laminate version? $900 is list price for Studio 40's in laminate.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
i dont know which one...it doesnt matter to me.

I just want the cheaper one if there is such a thing.

So theres no way of getting a discount somewhere?

Jedd

Second Unit
As long as they don't sell paradigms online it's hard to say anithing. And as far as I know the father from Canada - the more pricy they are.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Anthony:
I would jump on this in a heartbeat:
Link Removed
Stereo Trading Outlet sold me my Studio 20's. They rated the condition as "9" but I thought they were a 10. Indistinguishable from new. These 40's they are rating as a 10. They are friendly and have good service. They are authorized sellers of new Paradigm stuff as well which they sell in B&M store. Oh, and they ship very promptly in the original Paradigm boxes.
Used speakers come pre-broken in and sound better than new ones out of the box.
edit: you can also probably get them to knock at least $25 off, maybe $50. Call them.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
thanks for that...i called them and left a message.

My friends and I thinking about taking a road trip to Canada this summer. Not just for the Paradigms, obviously, but if i can save money, ill buy them there.

How much could I get the Studio 40's in Canada for? In US dollars.

Where would I need to go?

edit: veneer or not...whichever is cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks