What's new

is this a no brainer? (1 Viewer)

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
I have run across what i think is a great deal on a pari of Paradigm studio 100's, $1,100. they are brand new with a 5 year warranty. this would be my first purchase into the home theater world, trust me you don't want to know what speakers i have now, (they ryhme with nose).

the wife wants teh big screen first, But i feel this is such a great deal i cannot pass it up. i listen to about 60 40 HT to music. ( that could be from the bad speakers i have now)

I probably don'thave enough power to run these beasts either, I am planning on getting the Marantz SR-8200 this year sometime.

thanks

Derek

David Ison

Stunt Coordinator
Derek
i would get the big screen first you stated that you don't have enough power yet ,so what are you going to do with the paradigms look at them? remember this if you found one deal you can always find another. at least for now you and the Mrs. can enjoy the BIG picture .

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
good point, although they ARE very nice to look at.

you are now my wifes new best friend. thank you for the advice.

Peace

D

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
For that kind of deal I would get the speakers first. Surely your current receiver has enough power for them to get you through until you can upgrade.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
It's a no brainer. Get the 100's at that price. Otherwise, tell me where to go and I'll buy them.

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
well, I took the advice of you few kind folks and bought the studio 100's. and actually got a better deal then i was supposed to, the guy quoted me a $1,200 for a pair that had a blemish. but they sold them. so i got a demo pair instead.

looks like the tv will have to wait a while ( i actually wan the receiver next) that will be a tough battle though.

side note, my home theater gained a nice peice of equipment today with the arrival of my laser disc player. now if only i could get my hands on that dang star wars trilogy, i would be a happy man.

thanks again for all the help.

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks