What's new

Is There an SE Version of "Predator" Coming? (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
I see a local B&M has Predator DTS for less than $18, which my instincts are telling me means a special edition release with extras, etc is probably coming sometime soon....can anyone confirm/deny?
------------------
-Barry

DannyS

Second Unit
oh, I wish I wish I wish!!!! :) I have no idea, but by golly, It deserves it!!!!!
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I would say no. There was already a regular DD only version of Predator which has since been replaced by the DTS/DD disc. Apparently the supplements on that disc are about all they have to offer, so I don't think they're going to do a SE of it.
But the Predator DTS disc is pretty damn good as it is, so you should buy it! I picked mine up for $15 at Wally-Mart.

Todd_B

Second Unit
From the Fox chat:
------------------------------------------------------------
"CalvinWattsIII: Hi guys. Thanks for taking the time to do this chat with all of us.
Any chance of Predator being looked at later as a future special editon or a 5-star edition??
Thanks! BTW, the 5-Star DVD's are some of best out there..please consider looking at
some of your titles already out for a 5-Star upgrade. Keep up the excellent work!!!!
PeterStaddon: Predator will not be revisited any time soon. We released a
new version in January and have no plans to revisit them. Thanks for the comments
on 5 Star we have a lot of folks here who work hard on these titles."
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to have to say the chances are pretty slim.
Todd B
[Edited last by Todd_B on September 27, 2001 at 02:01 PM]

Matt Bloxham

Agent
I also picked up the DTS version at Wal-Mart for $14.96. Its sounds great, the video was a little grainy in the beginning but it seems to go away after the first 20 minutes or so. A good buy on a great movie!

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
As you can see from the above post, it looks like there won't be a SE anytime soon, though I think that one would be very cool. Maybe if someday the A vs P movie ever gets made
frown.gif

Seriously, though, get the DTS version out now. It can be had for cheap, and if you are a fan, it is well worth it!
Heck, all I wanted to do was blast on my HT the scene where Jesse "The Body" dies & major damage gets done to the jungle.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well, let's just pester the hell out of Fox until they give us a Predator SE! Not to mention Predator 2...
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Adam N

Agent
One way or the other, the least Fox should do is give us Predator 2. Fox ... you there, are you listening?!?!?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I too doubt that there will be a special edition. I'm pretty much satisfied with the current version, so if one were to be released, I'm not sure I would purchase it. The only thing that would make me buy it again is if the picture was cleaned up a bit. It is noticeably grainy, but the dts track is nothing short of spectacular! If you can get the DVD for $15, it's well worth it. I paid $24.99 for mine.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just picked this disc up and I'm very impressed with how great a 15 year old movie can look and sound.

Get it, get it, get it!

Jim

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am happy with the DTS release. The picture is grainy - but not real bad - and it clears up as the movies goes along as someone mentioned. Overall, a good picture for a film from the 80's. The soundtrack is excellent; great movie for a great price.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I agree. If they don't get with the program and get us a special edition of Predator, I'll be like Arnold and start yelling, "C'mon! Do it! Kill me! C'mon! I'm heeee-ah!"

Beau

Supporting Actor
Ithat we get a SE Predator soon! I've read at numerous sites that there may be a Predator 2 SE sometime in 2003, but I havent ever read anything about the first. A Five-Star-Edition would kick ass! But from posts above, that doesn't seem likely, although that was posted a while back and supposidly region 4 is getting the things showed above, so why not us!?!

SeanMc

Agent
If we don't get a special edition and r4 does I am gonna storm fox commando style :p)

But,the dts version does nice justice during the raid on the village

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks