What's new

Is there a tweak for NFS:Porsche Unleashed to recognize more memory on video card? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I was feeling kind of nostalgic and reinstalled and “Oldie” but a “Goodie”. But, the game only recognizes 16MB of video memory of my 128MB video card. Is there a tweak? Which file would I hack and how?

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I was feeling kind of nostalgic and reinstalled and “Oldie” but a “Goodie”. But, the game only recognizes 16MB of video memory of my 128MB video card. Is there a tweak? Which file would I hack and how?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Is it running slow or do the textures look bad? Going out on a limb and saying maybe it was only programmed to use 16mb of memory max??

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Is it running slow or do the textures look bad? Going out on a limb and saying maybe it was only programmed to use 16mb of memory max??

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Scott: Textures don't look aweful but I wanted to crank up the resolution some. Currently I've got it set to 800x600x32 with anti-alaising (4x) enabled. I do also have all "eye candy" enabled. It's on the verge of being choppy. I'm running a P4 1.8/512MB/Gainward GF4 Ti4400 128MB.

So you think that's all it will recognize? In the video options menu it lists some much higher resolutions. That’s why I thought it could be tweaked.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Scott: Textures don't look aweful but I wanted to crank up the resolution some. Currently I've got it set to 800x600x32 with anti-alaising (4x) enabled. I do also have all "eye candy" enabled. It's on the verge of being choppy. I'm running a P4 1.8/512MB/Gainward GF4 Ti4400 128MB.

So you think that's all it will recognize? In the video options menu it lists some much higher resolutions. That’s why I thought it could be tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks