Is there a tweak for NFS:Porsche Unleashed to recognize more memory on video card?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by John Pine, Jun 24, 2004.

1. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    I was feeling kind of nostalgic and reinstalled and “Oldie” but a “Goodie”. But, the game only recognizes 16MB of video memory of my 128MB video card. Is there a tweak? Which file would I hack and how?

2. John Pine

John Pine
    I was feeling kind of nostalgic and reinstalled and “Oldie” but a “Goodie”. But, the game only recognizes 16MB of video memory of my 128MB video card. Is there a tweak? Which file would I hack and how?

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Is it running slow or do the textures look bad? Going out on a limb and saying maybe it was only programmed to use 16mb of memory max??

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Is it running slow or do the textures look bad? Going out on a limb and saying maybe it was only programmed to use 16mb of memory max??

5. John Pine

John Pine
    Scott: Textures don't look aweful but I wanted to crank up the resolution some. Currently I've got it set to 800x600x32 with anti-alaising (4x) enabled. I do also have all "eye candy" enabled. It's on the verge of being choppy. I'm running a P4 1.8/512MB/Gainward GF4 Ti4400 128MB.

So you think that's all it will recognize? In the video options menu it lists some much higher resolutions. That’s why I thought it could be tweaked.

6. John Pine

John Pine
    Scott: Textures don't look aweful but I wanted to crank up the resolution some. Currently I've got it set to 800x600x32 with anti-alaising (4x) enabled. I do also have all "eye candy" enabled. It's on the verge of being choppy. I'm running a P4 1.8/512MB/Gainward GF4 Ti4400 128MB.

So you think that's all it will recognize? In the video options menu it lists some much higher resolutions. That’s why I thought it could be tweaked.