What's new

Is there a good, all around, review site for home theater? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
For my video games I go to IGN.com and gamespot.com.
For my dvd reviews: dvdfile.com thedigitalbits.com.
For my movie reviews: rottentomatoes.com and link from there.
For Home Theater Electronics: ????

I feel like I can get very well informed on all those first areas on what I'm buying or seeing. Plus, after reading reviews I can go to the boards and refine my questions with other people.

HOWEVER, I can not seem to get the low down on the Home Theater arena. There just seems too much to encompass, and so I feel I'm coming here with no background and just begging for "What's Good?"

I'm trying to get surround sound finally, but I'm totally confused. The guys at the store all seem like they're trying to sell me just what they have in front of them, and I have no idea if it's a good deal or not.

What's a quick and easy way to get informed, or at least get on the right track?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
What's a quick and easy way to get informed...
Where you been man while we've been talkin' about this stuff day in, day out? In a word IMMERSION.
Ok, here's a START
And be sure to browse the HTF Beginners Primer and FAQs accessed at the top of the BASICS Forum. Lots to read.
bill

Geno

Supporting Actor
Lanny, first off, this IS THE PLACE to be
everything you need to know for HT is right hrer at HTF, you just have to search for it

if you want the quick easy way, give us your total budget
we will try to break it down for you.

tell us what you are looking for. is your tv ok for now?
if you just want a HTiB, there are many good recomendations here.

give us some more info please

DanielSmi

Second Unit
A site I go to and so do other people is Link Removed It's pretty technical some of the stuff over my head but the explain some the the stuff so you can understand, and their reviews are good especially the DVD shootout they did, that's definitely worth looking into. The reviews are better than S&V's I know that's not saying much but they actually tell stuff about the product (that sounds dumb but just go check it out).
Daniel Smith

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Lanny,
This site:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: has it all. From HT to computers. Do a search, ask a question. You'll be quite suprised.
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks