What's new

Is the XBOX component cable upgrade worth it? (1 Viewer)

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Is the XBOX component cable upgrade worth it?

Is the monster 400X cable set better?

Or is SVIDEO good enough?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Monster Component, 480p support on most games, 720pand 1080i on the way! DOA3 in progressive 16:9 is amazing.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
if you got the cash Go component, but not with monster cables.

Get the HiDef pack, and then go to like radioshack buy three gold plated video cables.. they'll work just as good as monster

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
HD pack isnt shielded from interference though. Had the HD pack for a few days before switching to the monster. Big difference in my opinion!

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
i got the hi def pack at circuit city this weekend for $19.99. it came with a free 20 game holder case.

i always hear about how monster cables are overhyped and stuff...

so Radio Shack cables are good enough?

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Don't they charge like 49.99 for gold plated component cables at Radio Shack?? go somewhere else..

John

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
I have the hidef pack also, they come with the necessary cables? Why would u buy cables if you already bought the msft hidef pack? To me it looks good enough. I cant really imagine it would look that much better if you bought another brand. Get the msft hidef pack and if u dont like it then go out and buy another set of component cables.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
The hi-def pack comes with all the necessary cables you need to hook into your component inputs.

John

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
IMO, you won't be able to tell much difference, if any, when going from S-video to component video unless your TV can do progressive scan. I also have quite a few brands of component video cables in use at my house. I have the standard cables that come with the XBOX, Monster Cables, Acoustic Research, Better Cables, Nintendo brand for the GC, and even some Pelican brand component video cables that I used for while with my PS2. I don't see one bit of difference between any of them. I guess that would depend highly on whether you have problems with interference, apparently I do not. YMMV.

Aaron

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I actually saw last night a 9ft component cable which looks real good at Super Wal Mart for $22 and some change. I thought that was about the cheapest I've seen...

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks