What's new

General Discussion Is The Devils Advocate Streaming Anywhere In It’s Proper AR (2.35:1)? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think I’ve purchased it a few times and it’s always been cropped so got a refund.

Has it been corrected?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Not answering your question, but I own 2 DVDs of this film. The first release was recalled because it included some friezes in the devil's office (if I recall) that the artist had not given permission to use.
The reissue covered or changed the artwork. Can't recall exactly what they did.
The point is that the original film has been forever altered. Will it be noticed by many? Not likely, but it's no longer the original release (for those who are anal retentive about these things).

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I think I’ve purchased it a few times and it’s always been cropped so got a refund.

Has it been corrected?
I can check the TV later but it ‘appears’ to be 2.35:1 on MoviesAnywhere.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They blurred the background in those scenes so that when Pacino is standing in front of his office wall, it looks more like generic concrete wall than a sculpture. Incredible that the filmmakers failed to secure permission for a copyrighted work they incorporated into their movie.

English Invader

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon

Has it been corrected?
My BR copy has an aspect ratio of 2:4:1. I haven't actually got round to watching this copy of it yet but I have seen other films that have had their ARs changed from 2:35:1 to 2:4:1.

I'm not sure why these changes are made but I haven't noticed much of a difference. This is a film I've mostly watched on VHS so I'm sure the BR or any HD stream will offer a much better experience than what was available when it was first released.

It's a great film. Enjoy it!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Has it been corrected?
Forgive the bad picture from my bedroom display, but it appears to be the correct aspect ratio on MoviesAnywhere.
IMG_5237.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks