What's new

Is Smirnoff Ice considered a woman's drink? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I was just wondering. I've heard it been called a woman's drink and a drink for wusses. Of course I'm not a wuss when it comes to drinking, but I like the taste of Smirnoff Ice. One of my friends on the other hand, is a huge wuss when it comes to drinking because he got drunk off of 6 Smirnoff Ices. It'd take a whole lot more than that to get me cocked. So does anyone else like Smirnoff Ice?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I've heard it's a woman's drink, But this is coming from people who regard everything as a "woman's" drink unless it's beer or whiskey. I myself don't drink it, or any other critrus mixed-beverages because it causes heartburn:frowning:

Julie K

Screenwriter
Only a "wuss" quits drinking what he likes in order to bow to peer pressure.
(And as for a 'woman's drink' - I'll just :rolleyes: Now gimme a Guinness dammit. )

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Frankly, do you care? I don't. Some days I want a tasty drink and somedays it's just too sugary for me.
Is it 5.4% over there too? I only ask because someone once told me that beers are often about 2% in certain US states...
6 is certainly enough to get me pretty wasted, though not so I can't remember the evening!!:D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I myself don't drink it, or any other critrus mixed-beverages because it causes heartburn
Ah, I thought that was just me. Bacardi Blue is the worst for that though. I should just stick to beer. Mmmmmmm... Beeeer....

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yea, Smirnoff Ice is only like 5% alcohol. I can drink a 5th of whiskey or tequila and no one would know I was drunk. Believe me, I've done this and even my mom didn't know I was drunk. And no I'm not gonna stop drinking Smirnoff Ice, I was just wondering if it was considered a woman's drink by some.

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I know many people who consider it a "woman's drink" which is such a crock IMO.

I also know many people that consider a Long Islang Ice Tea a "woman's drink" but not many of those same people can put back 3-4 well-mixed Long Island Ice Teas and not be pretty F'd up.

As for me, I prefer a good captain and coke.

Brian

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I don't think it's a woman's drink at all. I don't drink it because I don't like any of the malt beverages that are suppose to taste like they have hard alcohol in them.

I can drink a 5th of whiskey or tequila and no one would know I was drunk
Not to sound like your mother but if this is true then your body has developed an enormous tolerance for alcohol and you are heading down the road to guaranteed liver problems and possibly alcoholism.

Thanks,

Jeff

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I am a big fan of woman drinks, or sissy drinks as all my friends call them. My favorite drink is Zima, most people hate it I know, but I just can't get enough. I've tried Smirnoff Ice and was repulsed by it, as I was with Skyy Blue. I haven't found a drink to replace good ol' Zima yet, except Margaritas which is what I usually drink when I go out.

StephenA

Screenwriter
That's why I don't drink much, I don't wanna ruin my liver or become an alcoholic. My cousin's a huge alcohlic, and doesn't much money, is always in a bad mood, etc. There's alot of alcoholism in my family. The last time I drank was in December.

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I can drink a 5th of whiskey or tequila and no one would know I was drunk
I might have broadcasted something like that when I was in college, but man this is a ton of booze! I can see how people are influenced by the "image" of a drink, but why would you ever pay money to drink your second favorite drink, if your favorite is available.

Also, I have found in my adventures that girls don't pay much attention to what you are drinking. They care what you BUY them, but you should drink whatever is good. Some girls might even respect you more for being yourself. And any girl that mocks your drink choice is not worth a second of your time.

This thread is making me thirsty.

Jas

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I take it a 5th means something in the USA. I just read that and wondered 'a 5th of what?'. I guess this is maybe like 'qarts' and such. We don't have those over here. Pints, half-pints or mls. Smirnoff Ice is pretty strong for a drink. It's more potent than a Becks (only 5% IIRC) for the same volume.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
To quote the Kids in the hall "Hey Ray, you're a girlie drink drunk"
Actually I like Smirnoff Ice but after 2 or 3 it gives me heartburn. Has anyone here tried REV? It's a vodka based cooler like the Ice but it also has caffeine added. Good Times!!! :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If I'm out drinking with a bunch of guys, then I'll drink beer with the guys. But if I'm on a date or at a party with a healthy mix of single females present who are not drinking beer, then I'm as likely to drink what they're drinking, or at least something other than beer.

Smirnoff Ice is 5% alcohol. (Smirnoff Ice in the U.S. does not contain vodka, but it does in many other countries including England.)

I think a margarita is a good unisex drink. It's fruity, and yet it's got tequila. There's nothing wussy about te-kill-ya.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I personally don't like Smirnoff Ice...but I do like the Skyy Blue. It has less aftertaste.

I still will always prefer and buy beer however and the new Sam Adams Light is fantastic, although because of different breweries and water supplies I've heard it tastes much inferior on the west coast than on the east.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Smirnoff Ice is just a strong Zima, and very nasty. Unless I'm already drunk and out of beer, I won't drink 'em. I think coolers are more in line with feminine drinking, and I see Smirnoff in that category.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Personally, I could care less if people think Smirnoff Ice is a "woman's drink." If I like it, I'll drink it!

If you like Smirnoff Ice, I recommend Skyy Blue and Bacardi Silver. Both are pretty durn good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks