What's new

Is my s26 Crossover fried (1 Viewer)

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I notice yesterday that one of my JBL S26 II tweeters was not working. I took the one out of the other speaker and it did not work in the origional speaker. I took the tweeter out and noticed that since there is no fuse to the tweeter so I am thinking my crossover may have been fried. Is there any other explanation as to why the tweeter would not work? If this is the case then can I buy a crossover at Radio shack that crosses at 2000 khz or would I need to go back through JBL? Thanks,

Greg

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
I personally wouldn't replace the crossover except with the EXACT same make and model. If you do decide to change out the crossover, and it's not an exact replacement, you might want to consider changing it in both speakers to keep the response identical.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fuses are not very common on decent x-overs. You definitely should not try to replace the x-over with another one, but you can probably ask around the DIY forum as there are some upgrades available for these x-overs and someone may have the information you need to repair/replace yours. If you don't get a response, contact JBL.

There may be a surface mount type fuse in the x-over, but I doubt it.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
First make sure it isn't just a bad tweeter. Put an volt/ohm meter, set it to "continuity" and connect the leads across the terminals (with the tweeter disconnected). If you get no sound, the tweeter is fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks