What's new

Is MEATBALLS out of print? (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't the original release only in fullscreen as well? Would love to see a re-release with the OAR.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The release I have from HBO Home Video with a copyright date of 1998 is in OAR of 1,85:1 and anamorphic, though it's not labelled as such on the outer package anywhere that I can find.

Funny film - we watch it every year as summer rolls in.

Harry

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
My copy is OAR I believe, and from Warner Bros.

One of my favorite comedies ever. Makes me nostalgic for summer 15 ywars ago.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This is one of mine and my kids favorites. Hopefully, a SE is coming soon.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, this was a movie that I used to play all the time while working at a video store that held a PG only rule on airing movies in the store, and for a while I could recite every single dang line! Fun movie and would LOVE a SE.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The HBO disc of MEATBALLS is very nice for its price. The trailer is included, and it even preserves the original Paramount logos that had been cut off of the previous Vestron issue.
Be warned, though, it has been rescored. I haven't watched recently, but I seem to recall that either Rick Dees' "Meatballs" song or David Naughton's "Makin' It" had been replaced with something rather anachronistic.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

I have the HBO DVD and never noticed a musical difference. I'm sure that the "Meatballs" song is in its proper place. Do you know where exactly the "Makin' It" song appears so I can quickly check it with other versions I have around here?

Harry

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Makin it (the best 70's song) is on my version. Also, I think the Murray version of Meatballs is the original song put back in.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
This was a pretty good movie but I must admit that I really bought it for Playboy model Kristine DeBell. I had the hots for her big time in the late 70's/early 80's. My version also has "Makin' It" in it. It occurs during the party/dance sequence.

Jakerman1988

Agent
Real Name
Kyle
I own the HBO DVD and the new "SE" version. The HBO DVD is in a non-animorphic 1.78:1 widescreen transfer. It seems it has better colors than the new DVD since the color seems to be washed out. I'm suprised the Paramount logos appeared on the Sony DVD, it even includes the MPAA rating card at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks