What's new

Is Marantz ever going to release a new av9000 Mark II Pre-amp. (1 Viewer)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Why don't you e-mail Marantz and ask? Let us know what you find out.

-Dave

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Some of us have been waiting YEARS for a successor to this guy, and its competition from Sony, the TA-E9000ES. I'm not holding my breath. :) Always got great reviews for 2 channel sound quality.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
DaveHo,
good idea, i did and if they reply; i will post the response.

Kevin,
exactly, i could not agree more about the 2 channel music performance.
yes it is a very outdated unit, but the musical performance is what is making me hold onto the av9000.
cd's and vinyl just sound sooooo damn good in direct mode.
but, i still really wanna upgrade to dpl2, since i watch quite a bit of anime (mostly just stereo encoded) and play lots of video games.

gregD

Second Unit

Don't hold your breath... Marantz stinks at responsiveness.

But they do excel at music reproduction!... I too would like to add an updated AV9000 to my pre/pro short list -- hopefully for under $2k... it's amazing that as old as it is, the 9000 is seldom discounted much at retailers, if you can even find it... the exception might be ebay, which I refuse to gamble on.

The SR8400 is loaded enough to make a quality pre/pro, but it would still be nice to have a dedicated unit.

Go Huskers!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I put a Smart Jr. EX processor on my AV9000 a few months after I got it and I stille use it that way and don't want to change. Even if it is updated, will I like the new unit? Maybe not??? They'd almost certainly change the remote, which me no like-y. The AC-3 RF input would proably be gone. It would proably be a great unit but I might not like it this time around?

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
and yes, the ac3 rf is another reason i'm holding onto to the unit for all my LD's, as well as the remote (did marantz stop making those types of remotes?)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
is there any type of unit i can put between the marantz and my carver amp that would decode dpl 2?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Dean- You could get a cheap receiver with DPL II. You'd have to mess with switch boxes too to toggle the amps back and forth between the Marantz for DD/DTS, and the receiver for DPL II though. I don't believe that any stand-alone decoders were ever put out that did DPL II. (Unlike DPL.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks