I have the m22 right now and I am thinking about upgrading to the m40 for the following reasons: -can't find an aethetically pleasing stand in my price range (less than 50) for the m22ti and the price of stands puts the m22 in the same range as the m40 -sometimes I like to listen to my music without a sub and would like more bass and slam from my mains. How much more bass will i get from the m40 compared to the m22? Here is the problem though. I can still return my m22ti but would have to pay return shipping (42 is the lowest quote I got so far). It may be cheaper for me to just sell them to somebody in the U.S especially if they live close to me and thats why I already posted them up on the for sale forum. If somebody buys them from for my asking price it will make my decision so much easier but if not then I have to decide whether to keep the m22 or bite the return shipping cost to upgrade to the m40.