What's new

Is is too late to buy an RP91? (1 Viewer)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I have a Toshiba SD-4800 but it has several quirks I don't like. First, it drops the video signal on brightness changes. I've tried two units and they both have the exact same symptoms. It also drops the first 1/2 second or so of DVD-A sound tracks. Very apparent on Hotel California. And it has the chroma bug.

I picked up a RP-91 at Fry's and I have 30 days to try it out. It doesn't have any of the above problems. It also seems well built and the on screen options are extensive and easy to use. It scales too which is something I want.

The upcoming offerings seem pretty bleak. What do you guys think? Keep it or take it back and wait?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I own one, and I'm keeping it.

If you're into DVD-A, don't expect to play anything but the DVD-A tracks on a RP-91. For some reason, it's virtually impossible to play the DD tracks (lower resolution) for a DVD-A with the RP-91.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I would say definitely keep it. For its performance and features its very hard to beat. I've had mine for about a year and a half and still am impressed by it. Unfortunately its reliability is something to watch out for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks