What's new

iPhone 6 totally bricked. How to fix? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife's iPhone 6 is doing the same kind of dance as what Alf describes here. It can go from a full charge one minute to a low charge the next and then shut off. Or just shut off when showing a 60% charge.

Is this a sign that the battery is bad and needs to be replaced?

My iPhone 6 purchased at the same time is working just fine.
Here's Apples list of options.

If it's a 5 or a 6s, it might be a recalled unit.
https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yeah those "tips" won't help if her phone is doing same as my daughters. It's beyond getting latest software, or avoid excess heat etc. The battery is already toast most likely. They need to run the diagnostic battery test to confirm though.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ah, the JOYS of not being able to replace the battery yourself (at a HELL of a lot lower price).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am not really an environmentalist, but I am beginning to think there should be laws forcing iPhones to be more user friend. Why can't we replace batteries, or put in a memory chip or card ourselves?
I still have hundreds of CDs, I'd love to have a box of small chips say with different types of music on each that I could stick in a port to change the content on my phone.
An iPhone could last for years instead of ending up in a land fill after 3 or 4 years.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Problem with your scenario is it wouldn't last for years software wise. Apple usually ditches software upgrades well before the "end of life" of the iphone hardware.

Last edited:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I am not really an environmentalist, but I am beginning to think there should be laws forcing iPhones to be more user friend. Why can't we replace batteries, or put in a memory chip or card ourselves?
I still have hundreds of CDs, I'd love to have a box of small chips say with different types of music on each that I could stick in a port to change the content on my phone.
An iPhone could last for years instead of ending up in a land fill after 3 or 4 years.
It would go against Apple's control freak philosophy to allow people to change batteries, etc.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am a former Employee of one of the big 4 Wireless Carriers.( I wont say which one) I will never touch an android phone ever again ..Went to I phone in 2011 and have not looked back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks