What's new

Invasion of the Saucer Men (1 Viewer)

Jim Blackie

Stunt Coordinator
Oooooo yeah, I dig it Daddy-o! A real cheese fest with rock 'n roll, teenagers (who are dis-believed and mis-trusted, of course), hot rods and Big Headed Aliens that use their finger/fangs to fill a person full of alcohol. Wasn't there VO narration, too? and plenty of bad acting. But I loved those alien costumes! Saw it when I was a kid at the Saturday matinee.

A no-brainer! (I mean I'd buy it.)

Oh! and it has Frank Gorshen in it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050545/

AlanBrom

Second Unit
This is one the 1950s AIP titles controlled by the Susan Hart (ex-wife of the late James Nicholson) estate. Probably won't come out any time soon unless someone make her a humongous offer.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd buy this in a hot minute! Loved this when it came out on video in the 90's! A store near my house had a great get 5 movies for 5 days promotion, and they seemed to get every 50's sci-fi/drive in/corman/monster flick you could think of. We used get the deal EVERY DAY!

That summer totally blew my mind and has left me with a healthy appetite for these films! SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THE RIGHTS HOLDERS AN OFFER THEY CAN"T REFUSE! we need these on DVD!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I love those old AIP grade-Z efforts. They're "classic" in the sense that it's possible to have really great bad movies.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I love all the 50's sci-fi films, so I would also love to see this on DVD. A lot of the AIP films are being released on DVD in England (Day the World Ended, The She Creature, War of the Colossal Beast), I hope they'll wind up coming out on DVD here too.

And don't forget the remake of Saucer Men - The Eye Creatures:)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I have fond memories of this movie and I really love Sci-fi movies from the 50's, so I hope there's a chance that this will be released on DVD soon. If movies like The Crawling Eye and I Married A Monster From Outer Space are out, why not this classic? I don't know anything about Susan Hart but I hope the money issues can be resolved.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
It was released in Australia but unfortunately went out of print about 18 months ago, and is now impossible to get hold of (a double feature alongside Target Earth in fact).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Those Arkoff pictures that had been R2-available have been available in R1 for some time now. Check Amazon.com or other sites for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks