What's new

Internet router won't connect to Samsung Smart TV (1 Viewer)

rynegold

Grip
Real Name
mitch wilkins
So I've been using the same internet service, router, and Samsung TV for several years w/no trouble. Last nite the TV (and I own 2 Samsung smarts) wouldn't connect to the wireless router. I've called my internet service provider and they/we have tried everything we could to get it to connect but it won't . The Smart TV can find and display the router connection, and i enter the password, but it can't connect. Anyone have this experience as well?

I should add that I've tried a LAN line connected directly from the TV to the router and it won't work either. My smart phone and laptop can pick up the router's wireless connection w/ no problem.

Oh, and if this could be a question for a better/different forum, please let me know.

regards, m

rynegold

Grip
Real Name
mitch wilkins
So it's down to this.... I have multiple wireless devices, including another Samsung smart tv as well as an ipad and several phones which all connect wirelessly to the router. Now I find that the tv in question WILL connect to the internet w/an Ethernet/LAN cable, yesterday it would not (I swear it's true...). But in wireless mode (no Ethernet cable connected) It finds the router, but can't connect. So it's down to a, at least partially bad wireless card in the tv.

Question is: can I replace that myself? otherwise it's Ethernet cable connection from now on.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
You might try turning off your password on your wifi network (just leave it wide open) and see if the TV will connect then. Another ideal, turn the TV off and physically disconnect it from power and then try it again.

Also, check for firmware updates to both the router and the TV.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks