What's new

internet radio question. (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
First off, Mods if this is a no no, please shut this thread down.

Ok, my question, is there a way to record off of internet radio? I have been listening to some stations that play a lot of b sides, extended mixes and rare tracks that are not readily available anywhere. I would love to have some of these tracks in my collection. So, is there any way that I can record from the radio much like when I was a kid sitting there with a casette tape ready to record when a good song played on the radio.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

Honestly I don't remember. I tried it about 6 months ago, more or less just to see if it could indeed record streaming music. It worked well but during a hard drive cleanup I decided I probably wasn't going to use it after all.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The only thing I can think of that might work, if you have a Sound Blaster card, is to put in a phono jack(the same one that might connect to your stereos Headphone input), into the Audio out on the sound card and record through a VCR using an RCA cable. Then just re-encode the audio from the VCR.

That's how I've been recording my favorite morning radio s how through the stereo for the past few years now, so I don't have to wake up at 6AM to hear it :).

Gary_E

Second Unit
Richard,

I use Goldwave http://www.goldwave.com to do exactly what you are looking to do. Aside from recording, it is an awesome audio editor. It has a limited use trial download but it is well worth the cost to own.

Regards,
-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks