What's new

Internal/External Line Doublers for 60"+ DLP? (1 Viewer)

Damon Neth

Auditioning
I recently moved across the country and left my Pioneer Pro-710 HD set with the new owners of my house (too heavy to move at 400 lbs). In our new place, I purchased a Sammy HL-R5067W for our living room. The set looks great, but I am finding the limitations of the source signal (DirecTV or Digital cable) on non-hi def programs to be a little jagged/pixelated. I was definitely spoiled by the internal line doubler on the Pro-710, which smoothed out non-hi def sources very well on the 65" set.

My question - Does anyone know which 60"+ DLP or LCD rear projection sets are known to have great line doublers? If these are no longer being put in the TV itself, does anyone have a recommendation for an external doubler that is $1,000 or less? Or, what are others doing to improve the look of digital non hi-def sources on big sets?

I am going to be purchasing a larger TV for the family room and was considering the larger Samsung, Toshiba, or Sony XBR.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Damon
I own a 5067 myself and love it....
if the scaling is an issue to you...the Lumigen scalers may offer you some value.
I watched SD all summer long on a Bell ExpressVu HD reciever which was up rezing SD to HD 1080i. I loved it and had absolutely no complaints considering the limited band width of the source.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks