What's new

Interesting EWS special effect on DVD (1 Viewer)

Earl_K

Auditioning
When comparing the uncensored or as Warner titles it in the import DVD as the "unedited version" and the R version there's a cool computer effect. I was surprised to find in the last scene of the orgy that Tom Cruise is in both versions. He's just in different positions. In the original he's standing off to the side so you see the "action" and in the R he's moved over digitally to cover the threesome. What is surprising is that to me the caped figure looks like it's CGI so I figured it wouldn't be in the unedited version at all. I wonder if there are other CGI moments that Kubrick put in EWS.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Where did you find an unrated copy of this film, Earl? Also, do you have an Apex DVD player?
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Earl_K

Auditioning
Hi Jack,
I bought my DVD from pokerindustries.com for 30.00. I own the hong kong version which is an EXACT replica of the region 1 dvd except for the orgy scene. The menus are even in English which really surprised me. I don't own an APEX I decided to pony up and by a Toshiba 1600 codefee player off the web for 299.99. This one is able to play even RCE encoded discs. I figured it was the best deal I was going to find and was sick of waiting for Warner to do the right thing. After seeing the uncensored version there's no way I'd watch the R again except for comparisons It's a joke compared to the original version.

CRyan

Screenwriter
UGH. This one title had me shopping for a region-free player. I sure do wish there was an easy (go to the local store) option to get region-free and PAL-NTSC conversion.
Oh well, at least I was able to see the unedited scene online. This upsets me everytime someone brings it up. Oh well.
C. Ryan

Earl_K

Auditioning
Cyran the Hong Kong version is NTSC so I didn't opt for the PAL converter. The website rep I bought the player from tried to sell me one for twenty dollars with the player but I told him no. When I got the player you couldn't even tell it was opened. It was sealed and wrapped just like a new one.
I hate that I had to pay an extra 140 bucks for this player and an extra ten for the DVD just to watch it in the correct form. So I can understand your hesitation. It took me a year and half to get up the nerve to buy a region free player on the net.
[Edited last by Earl_K on August 14, 2001 at 02:47 PM]
[Edited last by Earl_K on August 14, 2001 at 02:49 PM]
[Edited last by Earl_K on August 14, 2001 at 02:54 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks