What's new

Infocus X1 question about the VGA signal input? (1 Viewer)

Rivera

Auditioning
Hi,

This projector (Infocus X1) has a single VGA port through which you may feed either computer SVGA or XGA signals, as well as HDTV 1080i, 720p, and component 480p. There is a special seven-pin S-video port that is a bit different than you find on most projectors. You can use it as a regular S-video input, but it can also be used as a component video (480i) input as well by using a special cable adaptor that comes with the unit.

It is not particularly clear in the manual, but the S-video/component port does not recognize component 480p, and conversely, the VGA port does not recognize component 480i. So you need to make sure to feed these signals into the appropriate ports.

My question is: if I use this VGA input for display 480P (the feed are going to be a special component to VGA cables) from my DVD player, what is going to do the projector: asume that the feed is a computer signal an set itself in Native mode (much smaller image) or understands it is a 480P signal and let me use the video settings?

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
You can setup in up to use what ever settings your want. I have run 480p to the X1's vga port using a component breakout cable from my progressive scan DVD player and from what I remember, you have as much control over the picture, aspect ration etc, as you do through the S-video port.

I do not have it setup this way right now though, so I cannot verify for 100% sure.

Rivera

Auditioning
Thanks for your post Fred, I'm going to use the component to VGA breakout cable also.

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks