What's new

Infinity vs Wilson (1 Viewer)

Ryan Lee Bates

Auditioning
My Father and I were in Nashville taking my mother to the airport. While waiting for lunch time to arrive we decided to stop at an Electronics store called "Electronics Express". We looked around turning several request for assistance down. Finally I remember that in Franklin TN there was a high end store “Audio Video Environments” that carried Wilson Audio. How cool would it be to listen to a pair of Watt Puppies or higher end models. I’m from Knoxville and I get to listen to some high end equipment at Statement but they recommended me to stop at “Audio Video Environments” to hear Wilson Audio.

Well I asked the sales person that first approached us. He immediately gave me this ugly look and said, "You have $10,000 to spend on a set of speaker." I said no, only wanting to listen. He looked it up on the Wilson Audio homepage then began to tell me how horrible Wilson drivers were and that their speakers cannot compare to the Infinity line he carried. He listed off a host of information which he probably read in some training material about patients and driver technology. My first reaction was to engage into a lengthy argument but instead said thank you and left.

Just thought it was a strange story. Most Audio enthusiast would be excited to talk about high end equipment. It's like car buffs talking about a Lamborghini. You probably will never own one but you never try to compare it to another car company that is selling 30,000 cars. Who wouldn’t love to drive a Lamborghini? In the High End Audio and Video industry you just find a dealer and they are always happy to allow you a listen. I would love to hear comments.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Ryan which Infinity Speakers was he trying to get you to listen to? The Infinity Prelude MTS set is quite nice. Not in the same class as Wilson Watts but a Class A speaker that has won multiple awards. Did you listen to them both and if so what were your thoughts?

KyleS

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
ive personally listened to the infinity's, as well as sold them, and owned the baby brothers, the intermezzo's in my bedroom.

they are a good speaker, but not in the hi-fi classification. they are as good as mid-fi gets, but they dont compete with the big boys IMO.

Ryan Lee Bates

Auditioning
I wasn't looking to buy a set of speakers already owning a pair of paradigm reference. It made me kind of mad that he tried to trash Wilson Speakers and the store that was selling them. You can't say that a company like Wilson has horrible drivers. Wilson Watt Puppies are the largest selling speaker under 20,000.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Ryan, I live near Nashville and have been in Electronics Express several times. A couple of times I've been in there and asked for a demo. One time when I wnated to demo some speakers and the only music I could hear was music that was piped in from a digital radio station. I wanted to hear music from a CD but the guy said that it wasn't hooked up. Another time I wanted to A/B some speakers and even though they had a switching box it wasn't working so I couldn't listen. One other time I wanted to hear a set of speakers and although a CD was hooked up, the guy played some kind of ratty sounding music that did not complement the speakers at all. Anyway, I think it is who you talk to. Some of the people in there seem to know their stuff and some don't. I would guess that CC and BB are the same. Usually just young guys who are working their through college. Now that I in the "mid fi" stage I go to higher end stores where they know their stuff. I have also been to Audio/Video environments and even though I couldn't even dream about getting the Wilson speakers, they were more than accomodating to let me hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks