What's new

Indy 500 or Indy F1 USGP meets (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
seth,i know right where it is,never knew it was "lockerbie" though.I usta take indygo to work and we went right through there every day.plus i have seen a few shows at the murat and we usually park right behind o malias.
i am out on 10th st west of raceway road.kind of on the north east tip of avon and the south west tip of clermont.hendircks county but indy addy.
------------------
"And the horse i rode in on?"...Marge Simpson

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
and if we wanted to hear crappy audio,listen to people talk all night we could go to hollywood bar and filmworks.
i have a membership that expires next week. i do not thik i will renew it.before we moved out here we usta go weekly,i have not been for about a month now.i usually just go to regal or encore.both are less than a mile from home.i think encore is pretty damn nice for being a $2 theater
------------------

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
i can bring nacho dip...mabey i will kick it up a few notches
------------------

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
Hey guys! I'm in Seymour, only an hour from Indy. I could definitely make some of the meets.
I'll be building a dedicated home theater room in the next year or so and would love to check out some front projection units. :)
Tom

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Greg, I couldn't speak of such things (or could I
wink.gif
).
Chad, my g/f parents live out in Avon. And yeah, that Encore is pretty decent for a 2nd run theater.
Well, hell. Chad needs a demo of front projectors, everyone's chiming in. Let's get a date together, before the USGP I mean. That way we could have our act together if we do anything for visitors during USGP. :)
I'm all for something rather soon, I have no real reason to push things out. And Hollywood Bar and Filmworks might be a good thing to do too just as a get together place.
CTHD comes out soon, I am hoping to get it next week possibly. But there are some other good ones in the next few weeks as well. We could just do a viewing of something like that. My g/f is heading out of town for a week or so here pretty soon which makes it even more of a loud film's night around here. :) Actually I have neighbors to think of, but before 10 on weeknights and 11-12 on weekends isn't so bad.
I could also just swing by Patrick's after work since I would already be on the northside. Tom would probably prefer something more south.
Can anyone or is anyone up for something within the next 2-3 weeks?

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
Did we ever decide on anything?
As always, I'm up for hosting again.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Bennett Home Theater: Link Removed

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
One of my kids plays baseball almost every weekend, but I can get away once in a while.
wink.gif
The only week I know is out for me is June 23-31. My wife will be on a business trip to Germany that week. Other than that I should be able to get away.
I'd just as soon watch some dvd's than catch a movie somewhere, but I know it's much harder on the person that has to host. You guys can decide where, I'm flexible.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
we are having a family emergency now so i am not totally sure when i will be free again.hopfully everything will be ok within the next week or so.i need to get away but we have 2 small kids and i need to be here with them as much as i possibly can.
if anything is set up,drop me an e-mail because i have just been checking that more than anything since thursday.
[email protected]
i finally ordered a pc.it should be her the 8th of june.
------------------

GregH

Agent
If the Hollywood Filmworks is so bad then why don't we do Cinema Grill in Greenbriar? I haven't been there in a while, but the food isn't bad and the picture and audio are awesome.

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
Chad: Hope everything turns out ok for you. Take care of your kids, nothing more important than that.
Where is Greenbriar?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
i have been to cinema grill a few times.once for colts monday night football and i think we saw dogma there.
decent place,i agree the a/v is nice.
------------------

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Count me in on anything that comes up as well. I live southwest of Monrovia just 30 miles from downtown. Had about a dozen friends over yesterday to watch the 500 on C-band. Nice to be able to overcome that cursed local blackout.
Greg

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
OK, well either Patrick or I flip for it or something. Our place can support a few people over as well, but in all fairness Patrick has the better setup than me.
But we should do both. I guess it can be up to Patrick and maybe Chad. If everything ends up being ok with him and he can come, he will probably want to see a different projector.
My g/f is out of town starting next Sunday, so maybe the FRI or SAT after that the house would really be open to hosting a bunch of HT freaks. :) Although she might not mind the company, she's not the biggest fans of "demo" sessions. I don't know why.
biggrin.gif

I guess a SAT is better if we want more time by starting around 5-6 rather than 7-8.
That would be SAT the 9th. Time could be any time. Some people like early meets, some like evenings. I will say that my window blocking benefits from the night. :) I watch films during the day all the time, but light still leaks in.
If you guys want to do that, let me know. I can make sure we have some beer or pop. But I'll need to know what everyone wants. I can give explicit directions to anyone interested. Either ask here or email me at [email protected] . If you don't have an email, I can Message you via HTF instead.
I might be able to get my hands on the 2001 remaster or Oh Brother, Where Art Thou for that day.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
greg,i know where monrovia is.i lived out side of paragon(up the road from the track) for a few years with my mom and dad and we went through monrovia every once in a while
------------------

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
OK, I was hoping for a Saturday meet this upcoming Saturday.
I grabbed most emails from HTF I think and will mail everyone too, but if you look here let me know how you feel about a SAT meet.
June 9th. Starting time could be early or late or even run most of the day. Parking down here is safe, free, and mostly plentiful (you can park on either side of College Ave legally).
If you want to try for a SAT meet and want directions, email me at [email protected] . If SAT is too soon for everyone, then maybe we can put it off a week or 2.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I dont know if I can make sat. or not..just depends on the events of the week.I will try though.
------------------

GregH

Agent
I don't know if anyone got together or not, but I threw a link to this thread from over at AVSforum where the topic came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks