What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (3 Viewers)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Don't think they're dropping it.

Officially, no, they wouldn't make an announcement like that today. "We're delaying the next Indiana Jones again" would have utterly dominated coverage of Disney's slate announcement. But if they don't like the script that Dan Fogleman provides, they'll have to regroup. It seems like their choices are either to accept Fogleman's script or miss the 2021 date. We'll see what happens.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Officially, no, they wouldn't make an announcement like that today. "We're delaying the next Indiana Jones again" would have utterly dominated coverage of Disney's slate announcement. But if they don't like the script that Dan Fogleman provides, they'll have to regroup. It seems like their choices are either to accept Fogleman's script or miss the 2021 date. We'll see what happens.
It's probably worth noting that Spielberg is fast so he can probably get it done in less time than is the new norm of years to make a movie.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It's a terrible thing to say. There will be other actors and who knows, maybe someone else will be better. Anything is possible and nobody is that special.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Pretty presumptuous of Ford. Honestly I wish they'd recast now and move on. I'm sick of waiting around for Ford and Spielberg.

I also agree Disney will not abandon the character once Ford passes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Knowing Ford's sense of humor, I suspect he was joking. He's said previously that other actors would play the part someday.
Part of the joke was being asked about Chris Pratt and then mentioning Chris Pine in his answer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There are certain roles that generation after generation of actors get a chance to embody, and then there are roles that are forever identified with one performer. Indiana Jones falls strongly into the latter camp for me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Indiana Jones falls strongly into the latter camp for me.

I agree that I am not interested in seeing an Indiana Jones movie that does not feature Harrison Ford being directed by Steven Spielberg.

However, I just don't see Disney retiring the property.

On a related note, my local arthouse just announced a booking for Raiders of the Lost Ark for a few screenings over the Fourth of July weekend. Though not always in July, this is the third year in a row that they have screened this. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, but I think it's weird they keep returning to Raiders without ever booking Temple of Doom or Last Crusade. I could understand withholding Crystal Skull, but it would be nice for me to get a chance to see the other two of the original trilogy on the big screen too. Yes, I know Raiders is the most popular, but it's not like people would totally avoid screenings of the other two.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There are certain roles that generation after generation of actors get a chance to embody, and then there are roles that are forever identified with one performer. Indiana Jones falls strongly into the latter camp for me.
Not me. I don't see any role as exclusive to any individual actor. All roles can be recast, and there is always someone else who can play it well. You just have to find them. :D

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
...I think it's weird they keep returning to Raiders without ever booking Temple of Doom or Last Crusade...
The first three just played here this month, the second time they've all played theatrically in the past six months, so they're clearly available for booking.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Apparently he originally misspoke and said that they will begin shooting next week.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
On a related note, my local arthouse just announced a booking for Raiders of the Lost Ark for a few screenings over the Fourth of July weekend. Though not always in July, this is the third year in a row that they have screened this. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, but I think it's weird they keep returning to Raiders without ever booking Temple of Doom or Last Crusade. I could understand withholding Crystal Skull, but it would be nice for me to get a chance to see the other two of the original trilogy on the big screen too. Yes, I know Raiders is the most popular, but it's not like people would totally avoid screenings of the other two.

Raiders is this week's Flashback Cinema movie of the week. The showing I went to today @ 1:15pm was almost sold out(less than 5 seats left) & the 7:30pm is sold out. I think the 10:15am was almost sold out too. If they wanted they probably could have had a showing around 4pm and that probably would have sold out or close to it. Can't wait to see it again Wednesday.

The first three just played here this month, the second time they've all played theatrically in the past six months, so they're clearly available for booking.

Don't think they have had them all at the same time around me since the marathon back around the Blu-ray release. Still have my lanyard.
DSCN2210.JPG
DSCN2211.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks