What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Perhaps a delay to 2021 would work to tie-in to the 40th anniversary of Raiders.

Oof..when you put it that way, if they keep the same relative timeline, and Raiders took place in 1936, that could put Indy 5 as late as 1976.

I really wish they hadn't skipped the 90s and made some Indiana Jones movies set in the 40s.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I think it'll play out as old Indy in the Young Indiana Jones series. Harrison Ford will be in a nursing home telling stories of when he went into an Egyptian tomb in the early 1900's.

Done

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Okay, so here's how they get around the issue of Harrison Ford being old and no one really wants to reboot:

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

He drinks from it and de-ages into a younger actor. It doesn't really matter if the new actor looks like Harrison Ford since over the course of his life Indiana Jones has grown from Corey Carrier to River Phoenix to Sean Patrick Flanery to Harrison Ford to George Hall.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Okay, so here's how they get around the issue of Harrison Ford being old and no one really wants to reboot:

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

He drinks from it and de-ages into a younger actor. It doesn't really matter if the new actor looks like Harrison Ford since over the course of his life Indiana Jones has grown from Corey Carrier to River Phoenix to Sean Patrick Flanery to Harrison Ford to George Hall.
I've thought they should just use Sean Patrick Flanery as the recast Indy in film. He has a history with the character and is of an acceptable age, though he's also no spring chicken (53 this year). He was nearly 30 when he played young Indy.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I predict that the first image we see of Harrison Ford from the set of Indy 5 will look something like this:

banner_biglebowski_ironlung1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks