What's new

Pre-Order In Bruges (2008) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
299524_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not totally sure that this link is actually going to the 4K pre-order, although I understand why it seems that way.

We know that Amazon often lists pre-order items at their retail price prior to discounts kicking in later. This item is currently displaying a $29.99 price.

According to Kino's website, the 4K edition has a $39.99 retail price. Kino's remastered Blu-ray only edition lists for $29.99. See here:

It is also worth noting that the disc count listed on Amazon currently says 1 disc. Of course, this could be incorrect on Amazon's part, but I think the 4K would be 2 discs, because it will have a 4K disc and a Blu-ray. So...I think this link might actually direct buyers to the Kino's standalone Blu-ray edition.

Or I could be totally wrong and this could indeed be the preorder link for the 4K edition.

I'm not telling anyone not to preorder. But I am saying that if you choose to pre-order, you might want to check back once Amazon updates the listing just to be sure what you're going to get.

I only need the remastered Blu-ray disc myself, so I went ahead and locked in my pre-order with the link. I've been looking for this on Amazon since Kino announced it. Thanks for posting, @Ronald Epstein.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not totally sure that this link is actually going to the 4K pre-order, although I understand why it seems that way.

We know that Amazon often lists pre-order items at their retail price prior to discounts kicking in later. This item is currently displaying a $29.99 price.

According to Kino's website, the 4K edition has a $39.99 retail price. Kino's remastered Blu-ray only edition lists for $29.99. See here:

It is also worth noting that the disc count listed on Amazon currently says 1 disc. Of course, this could be incorrect on Amazon's part, but I think the 4K would be 2 discs, because it will have a 4K disc and a Blu-ray. So...I think this link might actually direct buyers to the Kino's standalone Blu-ray edition.

Or I could be totally wrong and this could indeed be the preorder link for the 4K edition.

I'm not telling anyone not to preorder. But I am saying that if you choose to pre-order, you might want to check back once Amazon updates the listing just to be sure what you're going to get.

I only need the remastered Blu-ray disc myself, so I went ahead and locked in my pre-order with the link. I've been looking for this on Amazon since Kino announced it. Thanks for posting, @Ronald Epstein.
Ron, will update the thread when the 4K/UHD Combo link is available from Amazon to post in this thread. Right now, he posted the separate Blu-ray release coming the same day from Kino.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
4k preorder added to top thread

Should this be a title I should consider purchasing?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Should this be a title I should consider purchasing?
If you are not familiar with the movie, I would recommend doing a digital rental.

The movie is from 2008 and was previously released on Blu-ray and digitally via Universal. So although Kino's disc will be an upgrade, it never stopped being available from Universal. Amazon is offering digital rentals for $3.99,

I love the movie personally so I certainly would tell you it's worth seeing. I loaned out my old Universal disc a few times to a very mixed response. Some people really dug it and others didn't get into it at all and thought it was weird that I would give them a movie like that. It is a very specific type of comedy and there isn't a lot of middle ground on this.

$4 to rent and find out if you like it would be a lot less than a blind purchase of the disc.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, I'd also recommend some sort of alternate investigation before a blind buy. It's been so long I don't remember much about it, but I do recall I didn't care for it much.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It is a fine film with nice performances by Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes. It was probably the film that really sold me on Colin Farrell as an actor. However, I agree with Jake that the film probably isn't for everyone. It is a pretty dark 'black comedy' with some fairly grim content at times. But it is also really funny at times. On the old DVD release there was an extra which consisted of all of the profanity in the film cut together into one single long sequence. It was pretty amusing as extras go.

- Walter.

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
My wife and I love this. So much in fact that when we went to Europe, we actually made a point to stay in the same hotel that’s in the film. (Granted most if not all the interior scenes in the movie are on a stage.) it really is a great place, and we went to the top of the tower and there is a ton of graffiti quoting the movie in the staircase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks