What's new

In a FOUL mood over my new HT gear (1 Viewer)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Finally decided to upgrade to separates. So I sold and shipped my receiver, power conditioners and other unused items to make room for and help finance the new stuff.
I took extra special care to call all of the people and/or retailers to set up arrangements last Thursday, August 22nd. My key request is that they would ship via FedEx on my account. Everyone agreed. I even overnighted pre-populated FedEx Airbills so that all they would have to do is stick it on the box and give it right back to the FedEx Dude/Dudette when my Airbills were delivered. Everyone received the pre-populated Airbills last Friday. I expected some delays which is why I tried to grease the system a bit. BUT DAMN, this is ridiculous:
On Monday, I received my order from Reliable, who by the way is one of the largest unauthorized resellers out there. I cannot believe that they can come through before the Manufacturer's chosen.
FedEx has lost my pre/pro in California. The vendor didn't ship until Monday and FedEx picked it up and then lost it. They have the nerve to ask if there is anything else they do for me. HELL NO!, Don't do anything else for me. Now, they have removed the scan activity so I can't give them the time, date and place they took possession of my package. I printed out a copy so don't even try it. :p)
I called the other two vendors and they said they would get it out by the end of the week. If I don't get the stuff by Friday, I will cancel my order and put the charges in dispute. I will not wait on them to refund my money. If it takes this long to ship items in which a profit is realized, I know it will be forever to get a full credit.
[rant]So, here I am stuck on Labor Day weekend watching movies with Dolby and DTS sound down-mixed through TV speakers. I refuse. I will never watch another movie in my house without surround sound. So, no movies for me this weekend.[/rant]
DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!
Thanks for listening and have a nice day!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Bill, sorry about your problems, but ...
What about films mixed in mono, or older material from the pre-widescreen era? :)
(Hope your system comes together.)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
OK, OK, OK. Old or new, I won't use TV speakers for audio. Throw a silent film at me and you will have me painted into a corner.

GregoryM

Agent
Silent movies usually come with a score, often in a full orchestral presentation. They need a good stereo reciever and music speakers as much as a movie with a dolby 5.1 track.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
My new RPTV came within 48 hours of when I ordered it. To bead its been sitting in my garage for another 48 because I haven't been able to get someone to help me move it. I was not about to pay $150 for white glove service. Grrrrrrrrrr I feel your pain. Im so close, but still so far away.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
btw, Hapeville and Marietta are both considered Metropolitan Atlanta. Hapeville is a bit South of the city limits close to the airport and Marietta is sort of NW of the city.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Bill,

It could be worse. When I ordered my RPTV, it was a 4 week wait. It finally arrived, we brought it home, hooked it up, and enjoyed it (with a mix of movies and video games) until well after midnight.

The next morning, it didn't work properly anymore. Some factory defect. 2 weeks to get a tech out to look at it, who banged on the tubes of my $4000 TV with the butt end of a screwdriver then claimed another 2 weeks to get parts in to repair it. I refused to have a "brand new badly repaired" TV, so I ordered a new one, this time a larger, more expensive 16:9 set. Took another 3 weeks to get that one.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
:D
Bill, I know just typing the second to last line had to be very cathartic and enjoyable to read. We feel your pain.
You may not believe this but the waiting is the hardest part (TP). It's also the best oddly enough.
Also, I want a full review of your tv speakers. Maybe you're not trying to appreciate what they are giving you, sound.;)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Sometimes us fedex workers will take nice equiptment when we know what it is and report it as lost.

J/k I don't work for fedex, I feel sorry for your problems.

Maybe your package was on that flight that Tom Hanks was on and it was used in the movie "Cast Away" as a prop. hehe

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Adil And Chris,
Let's finish this discussion out back while
I'm in the mood. :angry:
We need a bird finger smilee.
Got my pre/pro and one of two amps. That's enough
to get the L/C/R roaring. :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Sometimes us fedex workers will take nice equiptment when we know what it is and report it as lost.
J/k I don't work for fedex, I feel sorry for your problems.
Actually, you're not kidding.
There's a guy who lives a couple of blocks from me. He works for a shipping company (I'm not sure which one, they ship things to stores) and regularly, like on a daily basis, steals things. Him & his coworkers will get a shipment of items, claim only 45 out of 50 arrived, and each take one home. At least, this is what he said while he was bragging about it to a buddy of mine. He has given my buddy a brand new Playstation 2, nice digital camera, and a few other things. (Of course, my friend is too much of an idiot to realize he could go to jail for possession of stolen property. I've told him; he won't listen.)
I wish I knew where this clown worked. I'd like to turn his ass in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks