What's new

Important notice to DVD & Home Theater site owners! (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
and then do what was required to initiate the Ownership Transfer.
That process can be darn near impossible for the average person. That's where the system breaks down. They need to develop a way to transfer that is both easier for non-webmasters to do AND is also more secure.

Meanwhile, squatters' websites need to be treated with as much respect as the Al-jezeera website.

I work for an author and every variation of his name is being squatted on. Every once and awhile we send out emails saying "Never gonna f'ing happen" in response to their extortion requests. That used to mean something when it cost a hundred bucks a year to own a domain name (the implication being they'd lose a hundred bucks every year waiting for us to cave), but now it is so cheap...legislation is needed.

My sympathies.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Damn I loathe cybersquatters. Buying up someone's site in anticipation of it ebing used later is slightly acceptable, and could be considered an investment (good business, but unethical), but scopping up an established domain that expired is just crap.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Thanks guys! I have started to see some sites update their links, but there are still some out there that haven't changed yet. If you are have one of those sites, please change the URL as soon as you can. Also, to those of you that have links in your sig, please update those as well.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have noticed several more sites that have changed their links. Thanks go to those that have. There are still a couple sites that haven't changed yet, but since the majority of them have been changed already, I don't think the cybersquatter will be getting as much out of my domain as they had hoped they would get. HAHA!

Now if I could just get some larger sites to actually add a link or a button, I would be doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks