What's new

import SACDs (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I recently scored a hybrid MC SACD of Jeff Beck's Blow By Blow. Here in the US, the only version of this SACD is single layer.

I'm interested in looking for more titles that are hybrids overseas by not here. Can anyone point me to a list of such titles and maybe even a place to buy them? TIA.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It was part of an Isaih Thomas style trade with someone from another forum. I gave him a few of the SACDs I'm getting rid of as part of my post-Manifesto (no non-hybrid stereos non-classical SACDs) in return for that and some classical SACDs.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
You know that Peter Gabriel's albums are available on hybrid SACDs, right?

http://womadshop.com/index.lasso?geo=US&id=PGCD011

Do a search PG, and click on each title.

Same with the Police.....http://www.euphoricsounds.com/store/...6btnG%3DSearch

According to sa-cd.net, these are the Sony titles being re-released as hybrids....

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
Toto: Toto IV
Destiny's Child: Survivor
Jeff Beck: Blow by Blow

Did you get the re-release of the Titanic soundtrack on multi-channel hybrid SACD? $14.99 at Best Buy.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

No.:b

The prices on those SACDs are 16 pounds. Isn't that like $30 US? Eep.

Besides, didn't PG say he was looking at doing 5.1 with his back catalogue?

The Police titles look good, too.

It's amazing that they're talking about re-re-re-releasing Kind of Blue yet again. The only album I can think of that gets more releases is Dark Side of the Moon.

Ken_WI

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a Dutch import of a multichannel "Ziggy Stardust" SACD in a local shop recently. Price was reasonable, but I'm not a huge Bowie fan. So I stashed it in the Country CD section.;)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Danny, I just tried to order from the links you posted. The first didn't have them in stock, and the second didn't sell to outside the UK.

Any other places you guys know of?

AricB

Second Unit
i think all the bowie releases are labeled imports except heathen and reality? dont know why, the 3 i got at BB were all labeled that way?

John Milton

Second Unit
Simple Minds: Cry is an outstanding sounding stereo SACD available in England. Their best album in awhile as well IMO.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
...yeah John! But, the U.K. exchange rate sure has gone from the good for us, bad for them to something resembling the opposite lately.

For classical music nothing beats www.sricanada.com. They are up here in Canada & have a very large collection. Unfortunately they are not set up for purchases thru the web (you have to call), but their prices are the best.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've got the 'So' Peter Gabriel hybrid and it is great but I got it on sale and before the exchange rate went to hell.

At this point, I suggest getting the redbook remasters if you don't have those, they have the most band for the buck (half the price of the hybrids) improvement. Then save the rest of your money for the 5.1 discs.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Danny.

I think I will hold off on all these hybrids for now. It's just so expensive and I would want all of them. 11 hybrids at 20-some bucks a pop- I'd rather use that scratch for some decently priced classical SACDs.

So now I'm REALLY hoping for a those 5.1 releases.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If you find Daft for a decent price, let me know after you get one for yourself. This is my most wanted SACD.

Hell, I'd pay $25 shipped...current retail with the exchange rate is $35 USD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks