What's new

I'm sure somebody going to be upset about this one... (1 Viewer)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
something similar was already announced that included those two features with a ps2, i believe it's price was around the same ballpark.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
eh? You guys haven't been reading your monthly HT mags! ;) This is nothing new. Should be in A/V Sources section.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Tim....
Noted your sig that includes the Steve Steigmann photo...... Wonder if you knew the speaker in the pic is a JBL L100 ? I have a pair of them (bought new in 1978) and they will truly make you hang on to your seat !!!

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
With the built-in 80GB hard drive you can record up to 80 hours of material—off the air, cable, or satellite, or your home movies
Just wondering if you can actually use multiple sources without subcribing to the full service. I have the Toshiba SD-400 and am just using the basic service. In set up you have to select which source you will be recording. Since I cannot get my locales from satellite I have it setup for cable.

Dave

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I understand that a number of people are upset about this recorder. It's overpriced for one, and it's editing capabilities leave a lot to be desired (or so I read - I have no first hand knowledge) for another. You can't edit out commercials from programs recorded with TIVO. And that makes it a loser in my book.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
You can't edit out commercials from programs recorded with TIVO.
What exactly does that mean? During playback on my DishNetwork PVR, I just press a button and it skips ahead 30 seconds. Is that what you are referring to?

Dana Bisbee

Auditioning
I purchased and returned the Pioneer Elite DVR-57H it is a 120 hour TiVo with built in DVD-R/RW has component out that really cleaned up my cable picture even though it only has S-Video inputs. Has a cool feature to copy VHS tapes as well with an additional input.

Why I returned it: I have a TiVo brand Series 2 80 hour that I put in another room and purchased the home media option with the idea that I could transfer programs and then record them on the Pioneer unit Sorry Charlie this would be too good to be true and it is. You cannot burn DVD's of tranfered programs from TiVo brand Series 2 recorders as the format is not true Mpeg2. The other reason was the cost I paid about $1400 for the Pioneer unit then another $299 for lifetime TiVo and $49 for the HMO. I could build a PVR that would do the same and also burn MP3, CD's, and I could edit DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks