What's new

I'm so lucky. (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Lets see what has happened in the last month.

Receiver dies (day I get my new EQ) one year out of warranty, get it fixed, take it home, it's not fixed, take it back and find out today they can't fix it.

Yesterday, tuner in my PVR dies (6 months out of warranty).

Little over week ago, garage door opener dies. Been manually working the door in a wicked cold spell (hasn't gone above -4F for the past several weeks, hit -58F with the windchill a couple days ago; it's March damn it, this isn't right even this far north) ever since waiting for the weather to warm up and my dad to come with tools so we can replace it.

Alternator in my brothers car goes so now he wants to borrow my car occationally until his is fixed.

And today at work there was one set of 19" monitors left that would go to the most senior person who didn't have 19" monitors yet. Three of us had the same seniority, I didn't win the coin toss.

Excuse me while I go buy some lottery tickets :rolleyes

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Don't feel bad. Couple weeks ago I got food poisoning. woke up, found out I had to drive GF to school(1hour drive) only to get in the car and find out the heater was broke. -20C:frowning:
This week I found out I have infected wisdom teeth that have to go. Tomorrow, I get to stand atop a 20ft ladder outside and adjust security camera's for the day. The dentist is the worst. I'm a coward:b my stereo still works though:emoji_thumbsup: Knock on wood(knock knock)

I think things will get better come spring. NO snow, no cold and on with the DIY projects:D Its what keeps me goin!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I've really got no reason to complain I suppose, I'm just bummed and frustrated.

Just found out my brother went to school today to find it closed (they told him it would open in a week, but we some how doubt that). Guess my luck is contageous and 10x worse for him :frowning:

Although his does have the potential to have a positive turn around.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Haha, I heard about the cold weather in Saskatoon, my gf has been keeping me up to date. Needless to say the weather here hasb't gotten below -8c all year, hehe. The luck with the stereo stuff, now that just sucks. Hopefully you'll get everything worked out without costing you an arm and a leg.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I've got this feeling it will be at least an arm. Most of a leg likely too.

$180CDN for the PVR. Then I'm thinking of just settling for a HK AVR520 from JandR which will be just under $1000CDN. Likely a couple hundred and serveral months to get the Onkyo repaired, then sell it so I get my repair money and a couple hundred back. Net cost ending up around $1000CDN :frowning:

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I felt that way last August. I had a nasty stomach infection that caused me to undergo lots of "invasive" medical tests and miss a month of work. The day before I'm supposed to return to work, I threw my back out. A week later, after returning to work for my first day, my garage door gets into a bind about halfway down, burning out the opener and turning my door into splinters. This was also a very rainy day...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks