What's new

Im getting an SVS... (1 Viewer)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
I got an extra $200 for my B-day, and so I have just enough for a 25-31 shipped (600).

Im in a 10x10 bedroom with

-JBL S38II Mains
-S-CenterII
-N-26II SL/SR, N-24SB
-H/K AVR230
-Replacing a Sony WM-500

I have read alot about SVS in the past 3 Months and I saw that I can get the 25-31 tunned to 22hz for no extra cost.

I have seen alot about shipping also, what would be the best to ship the sub to So. Cal (92308)? Just UPS?

Is there anything else that I need to know? Should I contact SVS and ask them some questions?

Thanks to everyone that owns an SVS for showing me a supposedly good sub, I will soon join everyone in SVS heaven

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Nathan,

You could check the SVS site and see if they have any "B" stock models for what you are looking for. This could mean a bit of a savings of $$ for you.

Yes, you should e-mail SVS along with the specifics (room size, other gear: receiver, speakers, etc.) to ensure you've picked the best model for your setup. Even if SVS concurs with your choice, it'll just let you know that your selection has been validated. :)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
that have the PB1 for 549, would that be better than a 25-31 tunned to 22hz, or is that just one of "those" kind of questions that is impossible to be answered?

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Im just going for the "22-32 PCi", its all I have money for. How do I get the 22hz model? Put the request in through e-mail or in the comments area in check out? It will be another week before I can order it, so any comments are welcome.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Nathan,

As mentioned, email SVS and they'll tell you all you need to know. Their response time is quick and their advice helpful. It's the best audio manufacturer I've ever dealt with.

Bill

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know the layout of your 10x10 room. I have a 11x12 room and have no idea where to put the seating, display, or surrounds. :)

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Its to bad that they dont sell SVS subs here in Sweden because Ive heard alot of these subs.

Im in the market for a sub and as I said its to bad that I even cant try them out :frowning:

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, well I will talk to SVS, do I just send my questions to the tech email?

__________________________________________________ ______________________
Garrett, my HT is also my bed room, so my seating is my bed. As for the surrounds I placed them on shelves 6in from the celling, angled/pointed down at me. My SB speaker is a wall mountable (4in 2-way) and it is at the same height, pointed down at my bed. I gave you a rough sketch of my layout, and I can get pictures if you are in desprate need of ideas.

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Well I think they but the problem is I dont know wich one :D

Ive would like to try and then buy :thumbsdown:

Thanks for your reply

/Johan

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Johan,

Ask around, maybe you can find someone nearby. We send more subs to Sweden than just about any other European country. Your very good exchange rate (against the weak dollar) is probably the reason.

But more and more I'm thinking you are the only one in Sweden that does NOT have an SVS ;^)

Ron

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
I sure hope it does, im just waiting for a response from SVS.

I convinced my mom to get one to! So it looks like I will have 2 SVS's on the way in a couple days. Its not going to rock the living room like my room though (HUGE living room), but im sure it will do alot of damage.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Johan:

Like Ron said. There are a lot of members on this forum that are from Sweden that have an SV Sub. You might find someone in your area that has one that wouldn't mind you stopping by for an audition.

I am sure with the fantastic HT you are in the process of building that adding an SV Sub would be the icing on an already great theater.

Parker

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Getting OT but I'll have to ask. Are the subs you're selling to Europe passive models only, or do you built active models with 220V amps? I didn't see a switch for 110V/220V in my PCi so a simple cord change wouldn't do it.

The reason I am asking is I have a lot of friend moving back to Finland (neighbor to Sweden) and they are very interested in SVS after hearing mine. Most of them would rather have an active sub.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Sami,

All our products are available in 220V configuration, all active subs too. We do not use a voltage "switch" however (such switches are generally frowned upon by electronics makers). They are rather wired internally by our amp factory and set to either 110v or 220v depending on the order.

Nathan/Johan,

If you have any questions about importing an SVS, just drop me a line:

[email protected]

Ron

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Johan, there are a few Subs in Gothenburg. Check out the SVS-thread at dvdforum.nu ad you should find someone who could have the possibility to demo one for you.

Otherwise I´m pretty sure you will be satisfied if you buy one unheard. I mean, has anyone ever heard of someone who isn´t pleased by the performance of a SVS?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks