What's new

If you had to give up CD or DVD, which would you keep? (1 Viewer)

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
I read an article in Sound & Vision explaining how CD revolutionized audio and how easily it trounced the LP, blah,blah,blah. Anyway the author posed an interesting question. He thought that most people would rather give up DVD and go back to VHS rather than give up CD and go back to LP's.
Personally, I would rather give up CD. My vinyl rig trounces my digital rig and VHS does'nt come close to DVD so for me it's a no brainer, I'll take DVD and Vinyl over CD and VHS anyday. What do you think?
BTW, I realize CD's are very convenient,mega changers, car audio, etc.,let's leave the convenience factor out of the equation and only relate to audio/video quality.:)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I don't listen to ANY form of music, so I don't care about CDs at all. I couldn't even name a single musical group if you asked me to.

I would rather keep the DVD.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I have a 6 disc CD changer in my car, but I hardly ever use it. I listen to the radio instead.

I will keep my DVD's, thank you very much!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I could live without CD.

In fact, there are many examples of albums that still sound better on vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks