What's new

If anyone cares ... Deep Discount sale is on through June 20 (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Prices are 25% off regular prices (but many 'regular' prices have been elevated).

Codes that have worked in the past include:

SUPERSALE

USATODAY

PRICESEARCH

There are some good deals for BDs and box sets, but not everything is eligible for the discount. Notably; Battlestar Galactica complete set on Blu-ray.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Holy crap, that wasn't even on my radar! Apparently it wasn't on anyone else's, either (at least not enough for a "when's it gonna start" thread).

My, how times have changed. . .

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Dear Wayne,

Thanks for the "heads-up" on the DD Sale. I found several great buys. If the item you

want has a "25% off" notation, add it to your basket, and then use SUPERSALE to lock

in the lower price. Also, the shipping is free!! A very nice surprise sale ...

Poder

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Holy crap, that wasn't even on my radar! Apparently it wasn't on anyone else's, either (at least not enough for a "when's it gonna start" thread).

My, how times have changed. . .

THAT is amazing...

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I picked up some good deals on Blu-rays. AFRICAN QUEEN for $17.15, BATTLESHIP POTEMKIN for $16.04, UP IN THE AIR for $18.28, HURT LOCKER for $17.15.

Also, this time around they are including some pre-orders. I got the TCM Spotlight Charlie Chan Collection for $22.04.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sorry, here's the link ...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/

I guess I assume most people knew about the site previously. But it is an excellent opportunity to target those usually high-priced box sets and blu-rays.

The discount usually doesn't apply to pre-orders (sorry, LOST complete set hunters, or me looking for Film Noir Classics 5), but this brings True Blood season 2 on Blu-ray down to $29. So there are some great deals to be found.

If anyone has additional coupon codes, feel free to post them. I also remember NYTIMES was one, in addition to HOTSTUFF. I thought HTF used to have one.

25MORE another.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Son of a bitch. I just ordered the 2 Harry Potter Ultimate Edition blu rays from Amazon because DD had a higher price & they are scheduled to be delivered today (by some offbeat company called LaserShip). With the discount DD is now $10 cheaper ($58 compared to almost $70 from Amazon). Will Amazon PM them if I call or should I just refuse delivery?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic

I guess I assume most people knew about the site previously. But it is an excellent opportunity to target those usually high-priced box sets and blu-rays.

Sorry, thought it was a special subset of their site.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Here're some working codes:

SAVE25

DVDTALK
USATODAY
YAHOO
LATIMES
DEALNEWS

It's been reported that SAVE25 will work multiple times. I've not read/heard about the others if they are multiple use or not this time around.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Richard Gallagher

I picked up some good deals on Blu-rays. AFRICAN QUEEN for $17.15,

Just placed an order thinking I didn't miss anything, but apparently forgot to check the African Queen BD -- that's probably as nice a price as we'll likely see for the forseeable future (judging by the pricing track record for other true classic catalog releases along w/ the fact this is a Paramount title that was never previously released on DVD). Thanks for the heads up on that.

I mentioned this in the weekly roundup thread, but in case people miss it, DD currently has the Attenborough-narrated version of the Life BD set priced at $36.67 after this discount. I ordered that along w/ these other BDs (w/ final discounted prices listed):

* Minority Report - $17.14

* Heart: Dreamboat Annie Live - $12.66

* The Natural - $15.20

* Terminator Salvation - $6.25

* Body Heat - $7.62

Also, for those wanting the newly released The Red Baron BD, DD has it discounted to under-$18 w/ this sale, which is way less than most places it seems.

And BTW, looks like Microsoft will be terminating their Bing cashback program after July, so this will be the last DD semi-annual 20-25%-off sale that can be combined w/ their usual 4% cashback for anyone who uses that -- same goes for the usually 8-12% cashback for Barnes & Noble (and their expected upcoming, recurring Criterion sale).

_Man_

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If this sale resembled the Deepdiscount sales of old, I'd be all over it. This is a joke. Only "select" titles available? For those of you that found good deals, good job. Unfortunately everything I wanted wasn't available for the sale, so yeah....pointless waste of my time.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Well, LaserShip delivered my Harry Potter Ultimate Editions 2 days late so I was able to choose that as the reason for return (without getting docked $3.97). Got both of them ordered from DD & they'll ship Monday for $58.12 compared to $69.98 from Amazon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

If this sale resembled the Deepdiscount sales of old, I'd be all over it. This is a joke. Only "select" titles available? For those of you that found good deals, good job. Unfortunately everything I wanted wasn't available for the sale, so yeah....pointless waste of my time.

Ditto. A lot of what I'd be interested in isn't included, either.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Amazon beats everything on my wish list by a dollar, except for the BluRay of Dr. Horrible, which is a better deal at DeepDiscount.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Placed one order on Thursday afternoon as soon as it went live, another small order later that night, and a three more the next day. All except the first were small orders, usually just one or two things that I had to think twice on on.

A package containing whatever was in-stock from the first two orders showed up this morning. Shipped Friday via Media mail- without a doubt the fastest turn around I've ever experienced from DD.

I was very happy with the prices on everything I wanted. In fact, I wished I'd waited for this sale rather than buying some of the things I did from B&N . I was getting a decent enough discount there, but I could have saved about $7 if I'd waited. Was expecting this sale in July though and I didn't want to wait that long. Oh well.

Keep saying this every year, but I'll finally be cutting back a lot this sale. I'm still hoping to pick up some TV sets this week at the B&N B2G1 sale, other than that, I should be done. All told, I'll probably be spending about 1/4 of what I spent just two years ago this time. Whew.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Here's a perfect example of a DD price that WAS raised before the discount. I based the $29 True Blood quote here on 25% off what the price was just prior to the sale, which was about $42. Now I see the 'regular' price is listed as $53, so the discounted total is $39.

The discount usually doesn't apply to pre-orders (sorry, LOST complete set hunters, or me looking for Film Noir Classics 5), but this brings True Blood season 2 on Blu-ray down to $29. So there are some great deals to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks