What's new

Ice Age instead of Glengarry? (1 Viewer)

Edwin_M

Agent
I just wanted to post this as a heads-up. I went this morning to Best Buy to pick up Glengarry Glen Ross and it's free $5 gift card and when I got home and checked the discs I found out that Glengarry's disc 2 was actually Ice Age's disc 2 but the disc art was for Glengarry. I went back to return it and they almost didn't believe me until they checked for themselves and found out that I was right. A couple of the employees had a good laugh about it and they let me get another one and checked that one for me and it was ok, they even gave me back five bucks! Don't know why though.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Some poor kid will open their christmas gift with the excitement that only an innocent child can have and is going to be crushed and confused when Glengarry shows up as their christmas movie. :D
"Mommy, Daddy, Why is that man so angry?"

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
so instead of having a worthless Pan and scan disc of Glengarry, you get Ice Age? Cool

I was surprised they wasted a whole seperate disc just for the p&s version. I might as well sell it.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I hope this isn't considered a thread fart, but Glengarry rules. I'm not saying Ice Age isn't a nice animated flick; it is, actually. However, GGR is an absolutely amazing movie. David Mamet is unreal.
Nobody asked for my $.02, but I provided it anyway. So there.

Edwin_M

Agent
While I would normally never return a defective POS pan & scan disc 2 of any set, the reason I returned it was because there were additional extra features on Glengarry's disc 2 that I wanted and rightfully paid for. Besides, the defective disc wasn't Ice Age's disc 1 which contains the movie (if it was then I would have watched it before I returned it) it was disc 2 which contained the extra features.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
If you check out the reviews for Glengarry, there's several features exclusive only to that disc.

ODD to hear about Ice Age being the content of Glengarry disc 2 though. They aren't even from the same studios!

Jason

SvenS

Second Unit
Studios don't manufacturer their DVD's but shop them out to DVD production houses who could have just printed then wrong label on some DVD's.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Matt Everett is right: some kid somewhere is now asking, "Mommy, what's a 'stoopid f***in' c**t'?" :laugh:
This would never happen in Britain! ;)
And don't throw out that second disc - sure it's got a pan and scan version (wait... wasn't GGR shot in Super 35? So it's a full 1.33 aperture version, eh?) but also has some dandy extra features including addional commentaries.
Kid: "Mommy?"
Mom: "Yes, honey?"
Kid: "All subway compartments smell vaguely of shit."
:laugh:
Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks