What's new

I would love to have seen Kate Beckinsale as Arwen. (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
After seeing her in Pearl Harbor (one of the only things I liked about that movie) and now in Serendipity, I sure wish she had Liv's part in Lord of the Rings.
Of course I haven't seen the movie yet, and maybe Liv will knock my socks off and make me rue saying this, but based on past viewings, I would rather see Kate in that role than Liv. This could be my "other" brain talking though... :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd like to see Kate and Liv star in a movie for which I'm writing the screenplay. It's called Naked in a Hot Tub With Me!
biggrin.gif

------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
[Edited last by SteveGon on October 16, 2001 at 11:16 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see Kate and Liv star in a movie for which I'm writing the screenplay. It's called Naked in a Hot Tub With Me!
Damnit Steve, you stole my idea! My idea just included Emmanuelle Beart and Rini Bell instead of Kate Beckinsale and Liv Tyler.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Matt, I can totally dig on Emanuelle Beart (not in LoTR but as a beautiful woman) but I don't think I'll ever fully understand your infatuation with Rini Bell...
wink.gif

BTW, Kate's unavailable for your movie project. I just told her she couldn't leave the house for a month!
biggrin.gif

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
...and Kate Winslet as Eowyn (not that I have anything against Miranda Otto). I believe she and Peter Jackson (who directed her in her film debut) may have discussed her participation, but schedules didn't permit.
Thus, the full triumvirate of Kates (or "Cates") would have been included in the cast. But I'm carping.
--Jefferson Morris

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've already signed over a last will and testament to my parents, and brother and sister. I feel I'll be dead in the next few days. I now accept my fate and take the leap towards death. Okay...1...2...3...
Who the hell is Emmanuelle Beart?
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

GARY C

Second Unit
The most likely movie (American made) she would be known in is Mission Impossible.
She played the wife of Jim (What's his last name in the show)? and the love interest of Tom Cruise.
------------------
If you can't learn to do something right, learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Dome, Emmanuelle is indisputably, the ultra-babe goddess of the universe! How could you not know this?
smile.gif

Matthew and Carlo, keep your minds off her! She's mine, dammit! All mine! Link Removed
Oh yeah, sorry. Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire
[Edited last by SteveGon on October 18, 2001 at 11:05 PM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Matthew and Carlo, keep your minds off her! She's mine, dammit! All mine!
Dude, you didn't add her to your latest film Naked in a Hot Tub With Me. We can have her if we like!
wink.gif
smile.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Aw, Matthew. What would you do with her? She's old enough to be your mother! Wouldn't you rather have girls your own age? Link Removed
Edit: BTW, if you really want to check Ms. Beart out, rent a copy of La Belle Noiseuse! Oh man!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire
[Edited last by SteveGon on October 19, 2001 at 10:21 PM]

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Kate Beckinsale naked, I just watched "Haunted" last night. Wow!
Jay Taylor
------------------
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks