What's new

I would have graduated college this week... (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'd have to agree with Holadem. Many require the structure of school, and it does provide more assurance of a better life. Fortunately, I have excelled in the fields I have chosen thus far, and live quite comfortably, relatively speaking.
Mind you, I don't see any six-figure incomes in my future (at least not in FL) when working for someone else. But, I'd like to strike out on my own fairly soon, anyway, making the degree even less relevant, IMO.
But, if I ever needed to do hard-core design involving lots of calculational work, it would be a struggle. I could use a calculus refresher.:)
Todd

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Holadem, just to point out I am a in fact Theo Graham-Brown MPhys. I have certainly found a degree useful. But it *is* just a piece of paper. Sometimes it's a piece of paper that matters, for sure. I don't think anyone should assume University is a pointless endeavour, but then I don't think this was a thread that was saying that to me.
However, I often meet people who are regretful about not finishing or going to University, but who have still 'made it', and I think here there is a certain romantic idealism that is needless!!;)
But if anyone was to ask if they *should* go to University if they can I would always say they should!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks