What's new

I was plunging my toilet... (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
...and the plunger got locked in the downward creased positioned - only to release unexpectedly sending cold toilet water into my face. :b

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
To prevent further suction action, you can poke a small hole, perhaps a few holes the size of an average nail, in the plunger. It wont really affect the plunger action enough but if it does get stuck in the down position, you should be able to slowly equilize the pressure inside and out so you don't get a facefull of spray!
Another Jay's homemade solution ®2002
:)
Jay

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Get a pressure-assisted valve. They cost about 75 bucks, but since we got ours back in July of last year we've had to haul out the old plunger exactly once. The thing flushes like a public toilet, with all the comforts of home.:D

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
And let me just add that way up on my list of "Things That Feel Really Good" is the feel of cold air rushing around my ass cheeks caused by a toilet with the correct flushing pressure. :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a cruel practical joke to pull on someone: put pinholes in his plunger so that it will squirt water back at him.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
hmm. I don't even own a plunger for the toilet in my apartment. I suppose that's a bad thing? Never had a problem in 3 years though.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Wouldn't this just cause water to go shooting straight up at you everytime you
plunge?
It would really depend on how much water you have in the bowl... I mean our toilets are old and not one of those "piddly diddly" 3 oz toilet but more of a manly 1/3 to 1/2 full jobbers so your plunger is always under the water, thereby preventing any backlash of water. However, for you people with newer water saving toilets, I offer the deluxe model, one with a built in splash deflector-injection molded onto the plunger head... Available in 5 premium colors (neon green, magenta, tye-dye, school bus yellow, and Clear for those of you who like to see what you're plunging) besides the boring red. :)
Call now and I'll send you a free 8-ball to put on top of the plunger!
jay

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Push slowly .. pull hard.

Don't put holes in the top because when you push down you'll get very wet.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Andrew_Sch -

Do those pressure-assisted valves work with the new 1.6gal "low flush" toilets? I'm always having to plunge because the flush isn't "forceful" enough. I've always wanted one of those noisy public toilets in my bathroom. A loud flush is much less of a problem than a messy plunging job...

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
When I lived in Married Student Housing at Georgia Tech, we had a pressure toilet; truly a wonderful thing.

Not only do you not have to plunge it, but you don't have to scrub the inside of the bowl often. It just sucks everything thing down.

I was under the impression that it was against building code to install one in a residence, at least in GA?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Do those pressure-assisted valves work with the new 1.6gal "low flush" toilets? I'm always having to plunge because the flush isn't "forceful" enough. I've always wanted one of those noisy public toilets in my bathroom. A loud flush is much less of a problem than a messy plunging job...
I'll have to check with my dad, but I'm pretty sure ours is a "low flush" toilet. When we got it, we got the whole toilet new, not just the valve, but I'd assume putting one on an older toilet would help out. The thing sounds like it will create sink-hole in the middle of your house, but it is SO worth it.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Okay I asked my dad and ours is a low-flush toilet, but it came with the valve, so I don't know what results adding one on to a regular toilet would have. If you have the means though, I can't reccomend it enough.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Tell everyone in the family, and also tell guests to flush the toilet frequently if lots of paper is put in.
It is common for these newfangled 1.6 gallon toilets to not carry away large amounts of solid matter fast enough and then the drain pipe clogs.
Some of the 1.6 gallon toilets have a pressurized capsule inside the tank. This delivers a jet of water to hopefully propel solid matter into the drain lines better, but it depends on the incoming water pressure to work correctly. If the water pressure is insufficient for example if the washing machine is on or someone is taking a shower, less than 1.6 gallons will go into the capsule before it shuts off and the next flush will be more feeble.
Helpful hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
To prevent further suction action, you can poke a small hole, perhaps a few holes the size of an average nail, in the plunger. It wont really affect the plunger action enough but if it does get stuck in the down position, you should be able to slowly equilize the pressure inside and out so you don't get a facefull of spray!
I firmly believe Jay is McGyver! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks