What's new

I want to send signals from a CD player and CATV over the same coax 75ohm cable! (1 Viewer)

Hi!

I have speakers on the living room connected to a receiver located at my HT room. I'm controlling a single DVD/CD player and the receiver using the Radio Shack wireless remote extender. Now I want to place a CD changer on the living room so I can see the player's display. The CATV instalation (analog) came from the street to the living room connecting to a splitter that left a connection on the living and send other cable run to the HT room.

I want to know if I can connect the living room coax cable to the CD changer and then put another splitter on the HT room to connect to the TV and the receiver. An A/B switch will be better?

I will appretiate your help

I forget to mention that I want to do this, because I have concrete walls. To reach the HT room I have to drill at least 3 walls which is not an easy task.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks