What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

i want HOMEWORLD the movie (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
with all of these videogames / comic to movie adaptations...i hope somebody talented in hollywood would create HOMEWORLD the movie. the story in the game rocks!

and if alien vs predator were successful, i want them to create starcraft.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There's a lot of games that would make good movies (or even movie series). The only problem is the fact that they wouldn't make very much money if they were associated with the games directly. Instead, they should adapt a game into a movie and release it under a different name.

What really bugs me is when they take a game that sucks or has no real story and then turn it into a crap movie when a game with an amazing story would turn into a kickass movie that could be stylish and full of substance. I personally think David Lynch would do total justice to a Silent Hill 2 movie.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i dont think silent hill would sell as a movie. today's audience cant stand a complicated story. take a look at memento, did it sell? with this problem in mind, i dont think the money hunger movie maker at hollywood would be interested to do a silent hill movie. maybe they would have to dumb down the story somewhat.

but homeworld!!! i really want to see how a director would capture the atmosphere. the in game music was "mysterious", perfectly describing the darkness / silentness of deep space.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Cool idea to make a Homeworld movie. While I personally loved the game I didn't think it sold very well. I'd like to see a sequal to the game even more than a movie.

The story line is fairly similar to Battlestar Galactica (just better done).

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
While the story in Homeworld is great for a video game, I think you'd need something a little more character-driven to successfully translate it to a movie. I'd definitely be interested if it could be fleshed out well -- the existing story was certainly a lot of fun to play.

Homeworld can't have sold that badly, they produced a semi-sequel for it (Cataclysm, wish they could have retrofitted the engine updates to the original) and a real sequel is under production, to be published by Microsoft.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Homeworld is one hell of a game. I have long stopped investing in that hobby, but I would go back in an instant if they made a sequel. Heck, I might even go re-install it now, I never actually finished.

I agree with Craig about the lack of characters and STORY for that matter. The CONCEPT or setting is an interesting one, but that alone is not enough for a movie.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks