What's new

I want a DVD player that is good with MP3 discs (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, we have just built a new garage, and I am setting up a cheap surround sound system in it.

What I am wanting, is a DVD player that is very good at playing MP3 CD's. An On-screen playlist would be VERY nice.

DVD video playback is totally secondary here, we will hardly ever watch DVD's in the garage, but I want to be able to use my MP3 discs.

The main reason I am not looking for a CD player capable of playing MP3 discs is because I'm hoping to find something that will allow me to see the playlists on the TV.

Also...I am on a budget here, the cheaper the better. Hopefully this won't be too tough since I'm not concerned with video quality. I just don't know what DVD players have the nicest MP3 interfaces

Thanks for any suggestions!

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Pioneer 563a handles mp3 via DVD +R & +RW in random/shuffle mode.
I have not tried -r media, although they should work.
The 578a I guess does not play in random/shuffle mode.

Bob_Hitson

Agent
Real Name
Bob
Hi Chad,

The Onkyo DV-CP802 6-disk changer has an excellent on-screen display for MP3 playback.

It consists of two panes, the one on the left shows the directory structure of the CD, the one on the right shows all the files to be played within the directory.

It also has random playback, does DVD-A and SACD and sounds nice.

I'll be happy to email you a screenshot of the display interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks