I sold the "Silo II"..now what?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Steeves, May 18, 2002.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

Well as of 9am the "Silo II" has a new home with Dan Carney, another forum member here in the area. He was going to build one himself but decided he didn't have the time so I went ahead and sold mine to him .

So now the question is where do I go from here? I have already made and sold 3 different style subs...

1) 2 sealed P.E. Titanic based

2) a Single vented Tempest sonosub tuned to 17hz.

3) a dual Shiva sonosub tuned to 20hz.

I have been toying with the idea of going I.B. and have been given the green light to go ahead with it but I wonder if I will like it? And if not that means I'll have a hole in the ceiling to patch!

Well I am going to Rich Kraus's house in a little while to hear his again, it's been quite some time since the last time I heard it, to see if it might be the route I want to go.

So other than I.B. do you all have any suggestions, bearing in mind what I've already had?

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

How about waiting for Adire's new 15" "uber" driver to come out & then putting 2 of those in a sonotube & add lots of power???

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Brian,

With the quality of your work, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I hear those IB designs are excellent, and no big sub to locate in the room too. All eyes/ears should be on those main's you built anyway. Simply amazing!

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

If you don't go with the IB, I'd think dual 15's like the one that Dan Wiggins is designing would hold you for a few months! [​IMG]
    Brian