What's new

I propose that HTF member Steeve Bergeron be.... (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Back to the whole movie connections thing that started this whole Red Dragon discussion, I believe The Mummy Returns holds the record for most connections, being the prequel to a sequel of a remake.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
i think the only thing about the movie that i didn't like was the acting (with pretty much the sole exception of ewan mcgregor/obi-wan kenobi)...everything else didn't seem so bad. jar jar didn't get on my nerves very much, unlike for a lot of other people...

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I thought Phantom Menace was more enjoyable than Attack of the Clones - better envisaged, too.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, people. I too am a member of HTF.

Back when I frequented the institution known as "Thread Killer," I often served as the avatar for the admin everybody knows as Cees. My purpose was to help soften the blow, to prepare people for the inevitable, which would shortly follow. Then, when the pruning was accomplished, people were able to move on with their fun, their lives. Many were able to bring new focus and direction to Thread Killer as a result. Hence, that phenomenon continues to this day.

My code-phrase for the inevitable pruning was, "A chill wind blows." It's the sort of thing I do best.

Since a viable community has been built around this thread, I feel it necessary to throw the same caution out there. This will help you adjust to shift in direction this thread's participants are about to experience. So, with the preliminaries made, I say unto you, "A chill wind blows."

Evolution is good.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It won't hurt, John. It's quick, painless, and before you know it, everything is made new again. Like flowers opening their pedals to the morning Sun, dew drops glistening.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It took me a second or two to figure out this "double E" talk. Happy birthday, Steeve.
Zen: For some reason, I bowed out of Ric's wonderful beer thread very early in the game and had not been able to perform my avatar duties there. So, as a rule of thumb, when non-topical, Seinfeld-inspired threads in AH go on for several pages, just count on a Netherlands-based admin occasionally traipsing in with a pair of electric pruners. ("Electric pruners." Anybody here remember a goofy 1960s band called The Electric Prunes? The band's biggest "hit," exploiting the era's psychedelic leanings, was something called "I Had to Much to Dream Last Night," replete with guitar feedback and other sound effects.)
One other thing that might help: Try to limit the use of really, really large images in your posts. By saving the bandwidth, you might help extend the life of this and the Thread Killer institution between prunings. An occasional large image is okay, but several of them in succession gets noticed quickly.
And may I say the following in homage to the crowd in this thread? You are among the most civil and polite in all of HTF. One area we don't get many (hell, hardly any) member complaints about is, of all places, Polls. So, kudos to you guys.
Ain't diversity wunnerful? :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Now Jack, rock is not dead!
After a near 22 yr hiatus, the wait is over! The original quintet The Electric Prunes reformed for a 2001-2002 tour. Show dates included a July 2002 show in Riverside. The tour concludes in Oct. 2002 in the U.K. Original members, 30 minute sets, hmmm, you can't beat The Electric Prunes , you can only hope to contain them.

visit The Electric Prunes for some much anticipated information

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Thread Wars II: Attack of the Cees! :D
I guess the admins have to "case" the joint when the threads get too large.
"Homage? You're drunk! It's disgusting!"
Hey everyone don't forget that Cees is some chief doctor in a hospital in Amsterdam, so he's used to surgical snips. Tools of the trade as it were. Of course I'm a lawyer working for a small technology company so I'm expected to generate lots of verbage......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks