What's new

I propose that HTF member Steeve Bergeron be.... (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
And may I say the following in homage to the crowd in this thread? You are among the most civil and polite in all of HTF. One area we don't get many (hell, hardly any) member complaints about is, of all places, Polls. So, kudos to you guys.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You are most welcome!
Zen: Talk about a coincidence! When I coined the phrase "electic pruners," those two late-'60s albums by The Electric Prunes (which I purchased in the late '60s, damn it!) came to mind. And all that guitar feedback.
Do you also remember ...
* The Blues Magoos (Psychedelic Lollipop and one other album, which contained a "psychedelic" cover of "Gloria")
* H.P. Lovecraft (the band, not Julie K's favorite author)
* Clear Light (the band, not the, um, magic tabs by Augustus Owsley Stanley)
* Mad River (the band, and not certain scenes out of Deliverance)
* Blue Cheer (the band, not the, um, magic tablets made by the previously mentioned Mr. Stanley; they did a rousing cover of "Summertime Blues" in 1968)
* Ultimate Spinach (from Boston)
* The Peanut Butter Conspiracy (a suprisingly good band that lasted but one LP)
* The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band (endorsed by Leonard Bernstein, and good for all of one album)
In fact, Zen, I am going to copy this post and repost it over in "Music." Could start a good discussion.
Ooops. Sorry to intrude on your party, gentlemen! Have a great HTF day! :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I've just asked the Good Doctor to do the old slice and dice on one of my old tourney threads.
Maybe, just maybe, it will temporarily distract him from this thread. :laugh:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Jack. You probably aren't aware, but that song was also covered by the outrageously awesome Webb Wilder on their outstanding, and unfortunately OOP album "Doo Dad." It comes right after another cover, and about the most rockin' recording I have ever heard, of Joe Williams' classic "Baby Please Don't Go."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks