1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

I propose that HTF member Steeve Bergeron be....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnRice, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You are most welcome!
    Zen: Talk about a coincidence! When I coined the phrase "electic pruners," those two late-'60s albums by The Electric Prunes (which I purchased in the late '60s, damn it!) came to mind. And all that guitar feedback.
    Do you also remember ...
    * The Blues Magoos (Psychedelic Lollipop and one other album, which contained a "psychedelic" cover of "Gloria")
    * H.P. Lovecraft (the band, not Julie K's favorite author)
    * Clear Light (the band, not the, um, magic tabs by Augustus Owsley Stanley)
    * Mad River (the band, and not certain scenes out of Deliverance)
    * Blue Cheer (the band, not the, um, magic tablets made by the previously mentioned Mr. Stanley; they did a rousing cover of "Summertime Blues" in 1968)
    * Ultimate Spinach (from Boston)
    * The Peanut Butter Conspiracy (a suprisingly good band that lasted but one LP)
    * The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band (endorsed by Leonard Bernstein, and good for all of one album)
    In fact, Zen, I am going to copy this post and repost it over in "Music." Could start a good discussion.
    Ooops. Sorry to intrude on your party, gentlemen! Have a great HTF day! [​IMG]

3. Rain

Rain Producer

Rain
    I've just asked the Good Doctor to do the old slice and dice on one of my old tourney threads.
    Maybe, just maybe, it will temporarily distract him from this thread. [​IMG]

4. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    Thanks, everyone!

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John

Jack. You probably aren't aware, but that song was also covered by the outrageously awesome Webb Wilder on their outstanding, and unfortunately OOP album "Doo Dad." It comes right after another cover, and about the most rockin' recording I have ever heard, of Joe Williams' classic "Baby Please Don't Go."

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

My favorite cover version of "Gloria" is Patti Smith's!