What's new

I need help getting my Xbox dashboard to display in HD mode (1 Viewer)

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I'm new here (to the forum as well as HDTV). Really great community you got here :)

Anyhow, the problem I have is with my Xbox/HDTV setup. The games I have all run excellent in 480p mode. The problem is that my dashboard doesn't display at all :/ Is the Xbox dashboard only 480i?

Here's my HDTV specs:

http://www.visualsolutionsdist.com/P...D53_D36D53.pdf

And yes, I have the Xbox advanced HD pack. Like I said, the games work great in 480p (and look amazing), but the dashboard doesn't display at all (ie, black screen with the TV telling me to "insert proper HDTV cables" etc)

I have 480p enabled, 720p disabled, and 1080i enabled.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

James St

Supporting Actor
The dashboard is 480i only. Perhaps your inputs only accept a 480p and higher signal.

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I was affraid of :/ makes things a little cumbersome I suppose, but at least the games run fine :)

Thanks for the help.

Guillaume L.

Auditioning
You can always install a modchip, from what I heard, it'll allow you to run the dashboard in 480p.

Although, that's quite the investment for such a simple thing. If you also wanted to use it as a HTPC, to stream media, it might be worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.