I need advice on laserdisc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill J, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I am thinking about buying a laserdisc player and I have a few questions.

First of all I saw a Poineer CLD-V2400 for sale on ebay for $75.00. Is that a good deal or would I be bidding on a piece of crap? The seller claims it is in good condition and says it has the remote.

I would also like to know if the installation is similar to a DVD player.

2. Mike_S

Mike_S Stunt Coordinator

Bill, I'm not too sure about this particular player. It may well work perfectly. My only reservation is that it is very likely NOT a dual side player, therefore more disc flips than should be necessary. A dual side player is a must when it comes to LD players. I've got a Pioneer CLD-D504 LD player. Although it's not at the top of the food chain, I'm happy with it's performance and picture quality. If your budget allows, I'd pay the extra for a dual side LD player. Hope that helps.

-Mike

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Mike. I own a Pioneer CLD-D604 with Dolby Digital capabilites I replaced a ten year old Pioneer model 1080 with this purchase 2 years ago from a small audio/Video store. I still have large collection of Laser Discs that I hate to give up. The 604 was retailed box with warranty. Since everyone is going to DVD you might be able to find some of this equipment as I did.
    Try to stay away from the industrial laser disc players and much older units like the 2400, 8000. Though they are usually built like a tank they lack many of the useful features of the newer models. Again, this is just my opinion. I hope this helps[​IMG]

4. Bill J

Bill J Producer

Thanks, Mike that was very helpful.

How much does the average dual side player cost?