What's new

I need advice on laserdisc (1 Viewer)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I am thinking about buying a laserdisc player and I have a few questions.

First of all I saw a Poineer CLD-V2400 for sale on ebay for $75.00. Is that a good deal or would I be bidding on a piece of crap? The seller claims it is in good condition and says it has the remote.

I would also like to know if the installation is similar to a DVD player.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
Bill, I'm not too sure about this particular player. It may well work perfectly. My only reservation is that it is very likely NOT a dual side player, therefore more disc flips than should be necessary. A dual side player is a must when it comes to LD players. I've got a Pioneer CLD-D504 LD player. Although it's not at the top of the food chain, I'm happy with it's performance and picture quality. If your budget allows, I'd pay the extra for a dual side LD player. Hope that helps.

-Mike

WilliamM

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Mike. I own a Pioneer CLD-D604 with Dolby Digital capabilites I replaced a ten year old Pioneer model 1080 with this purchase 2 years ago from a small audio/Video store. I still have large collection of Laser Discs that I hate to give up. The 604 was retailed box with warranty. Since everyone is going to DVD you might be able to find some of this equipment as I did.
Try to stay away from the industrial laser disc players and much older units like the 2400, 8000. Though they are usually built like a tank they lack many of the useful features of the newer models. Again, this is just my opinion. I hope this helps;)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike that was very helpful.

How much does the average dual side player cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks