What's new

I missed the first half of West Wing (9/18) (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
Can anyone enlighten me why the President ordered the hit on the Guy from Kumar(sp?)?

TIA,

ChristopherS

Second Unit
The Minister of Defense from Kumar masterminded and funded one or two terrorist attacks on the USA (US authorities caught one set of terrorists planning on destroying one of the Golden Gates' footings). Because of the US' relationship with "Kumar" (in the show the US is building a $2 billion air force base - the real base which is in Quatar cost over $2.5 Billion) and the Defense Minister's relationship with the ruling Sultan, arresting the Minister was not an option.

I am looking foward to this season.

Chris

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Ack! Forgot it was on!
I did see this one the first time around though... I do have one tiny nit-pick... there are no secluded grass air-strips on Bermuda! its a very small, densely populated place and anyone who has been there or seen a detailed map of the island can tell you that it is the last place on Earth you'd want to conduct a secret political assassination!
Anyway that did not detract from my enjoyment of the episode :)
Wasn't this the episode where Da Prez tells the dim-witted Governor of (Florida? Texas? I forget ;) ) "it was at 'boy, crime, I don't know' that I decided to kick your butt" ? I just love that line!

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Charles - yes it was! And the line ended with Sheen hitting the high mark with "ass" rather than "butt." Absolutely great exchange!

This was an excellent episode (as always) with the President meeting the Qumar Defense Minister in the Oval Office. There, in the background, was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Man, you could just tell that he was using every ounce of strength to stay composed and not jump across the room and snap his neck. Fine acting!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks