What's new

I might be going to get a tv tomorrow at Circuit City (1 Viewer)

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Too much clicking and waiting so I did not read the review (could you cut and paste important points here?) but.

Don't pay more for a 1080p TV without 1080p input compared with a 720p TV. Otherwise you are doomed to at most 1080i quality. Devices are available to make near 1080p quality out of existing 1080i and you need 1080p input to make use of them.

If it takes a long time for the channel to change after you push the buttons, including number buttons, on the remote, you will be cursing soon.

Don't buy a TV with just one regular video jack, just one S-video jack, and just one "video" choice on the remote. You must unplug the DVD player completely before you can connect the VCR and vice versa. A Radio Shack audio video extension cable to make the jacks reachable more conveniently from the front will not allow you to use both regular video and S-video.

If you don't make just one of the monthly payments on time or forget to pay it off two years from now, you will be charged all of the accumulated finance charges from day one.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/hdtvnot.htm

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Call www.tvauthority.com and ask to speak with Kirk Punches, tell him you are a HTF member. They should be able to offer you financing and you want to get one of the new HLS models, which will accept 1080p.

Regards

Gregg

Adam_R

Second Unit
NO!!!!

Don't do it!

The new Samsungs are now avialable. You can get the new model for the same price as that one on sale.

Here's the one: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do

I think that the one you posted will not accept a 1080p signal even though it displayed eveything in 1080p.

I'm serisous. It sounds ridiculous, but most 1080p sets can't accept a 1080p signal.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT! Buy the CC extra warranty. It's so worth it. I just got a brand new 1080p replacement for my old CRT based RPTV becasue if CC awesome warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.