What's new

I love Florida (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I dont know if ill ever leave Florida.

Just two days ago I was waking up to 20 degree chill.

This morning I woke up and went to class in sandals and shorts. It was 70 degrees. Goodbye, winter for a while. Looks like its gonna be around 70 in the afternnon until the 7th of Feb or so. Yay!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I love this weather. I walked out of my dorm with a jacket on out of habit and immediately threw it back into my room :)

I had to buy my first winter hat last week (I am from Fort Lauderdale, I have never experienced under 50 degrees during the day)... it is was brrr cold (my ears were freezing walking between classes) :D :D

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
oh jeez, i don't think winter has even hit california yet. like early december we have a few storms but since then i haven't been able to go snowboarding because we haven't had rain ever since and the past 3 or so weeks it's been around 75-90 degrees! i thought i was going to haul in for a nice socal winter but no, it's like summer here but with a marine layer. kinda sucks!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not sure I'd like FL myself.
first, there aren't many twisty roads, like here, lots of flat and straight
second, it's too hot in the summer, fat people sweat, nuff said.
third, lots of old people, we'll leave that one alone for obvious reasons :)
I had others but my short attention span allowed me to wander off and forget them :)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I gotta be the minority on this one- I love winter. I attend grad school in L.A. and I'll take a true winter with snow over this anyday. Everyone I know who is from out East agrees with me- there is nothing quite like Christmas shopping in NYC or Chicago with snow falling. The same goes for Fall- my favorite season.

However, it is absolute truth that January, February, March, and parts of April in Wisconsin are colder than sh*t and my friends from L.A. have no idea what it is like to walk to class when it is below zero! (or move into your first dormroom when it is 60 below zero with the windchill- that really happened to me!)

That said, summers in SoCal are fantastic. The beaches, the women, the whole atmosphere are something to be experienced!

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Yeah, just wait till July or August when it's 97 degrees and 100% humidity. You'll be wishing you were somewhere cooler. Though I guess because there is air-conditioning from your home to your car to your work and anywhere else you need to go, the contact you have with actual outdoors air on any given day is minimal. That's one thing I hated about growing up in Florida (Melbourne). Air conditioning everywhere.

I do miss some things about FL. The lazy days, the sunsets, the water, the seafood. Maybe I'll move back someday.

Any Florida expatriates wishing they were back there?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had to buy my first winter hat last week (I am from Fort Lauderdale, I have never experienced under 50 degrees during the day)... it is was brrr cold (my ears were freezing walking between classes)
Gee, what was the temperature -- 30 degrees? We walk around without coats in that temp. :D

FYI, on Monday it was 14 below zero when I left my house for work.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I personally like the diversity of seasons up here in the NE. I like having 4 distinct times of year. I love the summers down the shore. I love the smell of autumn leave covering my street in the crisp sweatshirt air. I love playing with my daughter in the snow. And nothing beats the snow melting, the air warming, and the return of the birds and blossoms. :)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I've been to Florida twice in my 27 years on this planet. I've lived in Toronto, Canada all my life.

Note to all my US brethren who complain about the winter : MOVE TO TORONTO, AND THEN COMPLAIN! Brr.... -36 and counting a few days ago. My car was bitching at me every time I tried to start it. :D

In any event, having been to Florida twice, the first time to Orlando/Kissimee a(nd travelled around to Daytona, etc), and the second time to Ft. Lauderdale, I can definately say that the though of moving there has been on my mind ever since I returned from the second trip.

I love it there! The climate, the people, the view, the palm trees, the ocean, the smells, the sights, the everything.

Maybe I'm just in need of a change. I'm seriously considering the move. Sigh...

Moe.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I think the "D" word is "drought"
That's right a couple of dry weeks during the winter and they start to talk DROUGHT.

Of course I'm exaggerating a little but if we do go a little on the dry side for a while it inevitably leads to the D word.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
It's 90 degrees right outside my door right now, i'm forced to wear shorts and sandals! where's winter! =(

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It's OK here too. 82 degrees and sunny. :)

I'd like snow for two days at Christmas. The rest of the year I can live without it (which I have to here). :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I love winter and I'll take my 70-80 degree days when they get here. Everything's good in moderation, too much summer will turn you into a beach bum! ;)

Nick_G

Stunt Coordinator
QUOTE:
"Yeah, just wait till July or August when it's 97 degrees and 100% humidity. You'll be wishing you were somewhere cooler."

that's one thing you NEVER HEAR me complain about. when the weather gets like that everyone tells me i'm an idiot (:D)
because i'm walking around goin' "it ain't THAT hot out!!"

after we just had 20 STRAIGHT days of BELOW freezing temps here with mostly single digit lows :angry: (yesterday it FINALLY got above freezing) i'm waiting for 90's and humidity!!

my wife and friends call me "the iguana" because heat and humidity doesn't bother me in the least.

bring on the HEAT!!! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks