What's new

I like the new Quick Reply Feature (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Parker -

Great job with this new feature! I've never seen a Forum that uses this option, and I think it's an extremely cool addition to the HTF. Thanks!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Parker said:
I have set this up so that if you have a signature file it will automatically be included when you use the quick reply. If you do not have a signature file nothing will be posted.
Very cool. Thanks, Parker. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
The only problem is, no Preview Reply option, since I must do something on HTF (Reload a page at worst) every 3 minutes to avoid losing last read pointers, Preview Reply was a big help in that department.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this at another site that was using VBullitin, and was gonna request it... Tada! You rock!

Jim

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Martin:

This is just to give a quick reply. If you want to use the preview feature just use the normal reply option.

Parker

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Parker,

Great feature. I just have one question. Would you consider adding the signature check box? I often turn the signature off for individual posts in threads I respond to multiple times. It seems that check box would be more useful than the email one.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

Added. If you have a signature file it will automatically be set to the enabled option. If you don't want you signature in your follow up posts you will have to disable it.

Parker

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Boy.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I wouldn't have suggested it, except I think a lot of others often turn off their signatures on a post by post basis.

This is a great added feature. The reply page can load pretty slow at times, plus I expect this reduces the load on the server significantly.

Scott_G

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Outstanding !
What's next, Virtual Reality Posting?
Vulcan mind meld HT?
Cranial USB to Cell phone implants?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah Parker's great, always making things better for us on the forum.:emoji_thumbsup:
'course I probably wouldn't have posted this if I didn't see that nice empty box at the bottom of the page, but bloody hell thats beside the point dammit!!;)
What an eccentric performance.

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
Great Parker! I like all the customisations that you've done to vBulletin on HTF - makes the site much better.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Actually I was thinking of a virtual reality posting script. It would anticipate what you were about to say and then post that. Before too long you wouldn't even have to show up on the site. It would just post for you on a daily basis. That way you would be able to keep your post count up and at the same time have the time to watch more DVDs. And just think at the end of the movie it would write up a review for you based on what you would have written if you had taken the time to write it. :)
Thanks again for all the kudos.
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks